Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCN....site..

Images

MCN....site..

well they have done it...... yep totally buggered it up this time.. ... s1oop you couldn't go sort them clowns out... could ya.... you did a good job here didn't you...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Von.

Aren't Dan and Angus preparing a brand new site for MCN ?

This is just the beginning of the end of the old one, I think.

Images

archie...

it truly saddens me.... but it may be the beginning of the END of MCN.. i've told them that they are CLOWNS... go see the site.. it's truly pants.. Archie you can see moss grow.. for the time it takes to load..

It's not the first time it's happened.

A lot of the people on Noddingdogs are ex-MCN, after months of problems, the promised a new board. The new board was delivered, but it was as slow as the old one, covered in ads and went wrong a lot.

Then they started censoring the posts and everybody kind of just left.

Same will happen, the regulars will drift off and new folks will fill their places. Just a shame the don't seem to see that as a bad thing.

Images

morning s1oop....

yer i see your point....and I'm beginning to see that all MCN are interested in is money and ways of gathering funds for their pot.. trouble with me is that i only started using computers back in 01 and stumbled on to MCN in 02.. yes it was fast.. to fast for me, so i did not get involved in the split between the old MCN'ers who moved over to nodding dogs.. (not going to open old wound's there) thats there beef.. bugger sorry for that.. as you can see I'm so pissed off at MCN... you may be right, it's prolly time for a move ?

The old-old MCN website was a fantastics site.

Except for it having the odd go-slow. In fact Sparky Slider only came about because you couldn't post pictures on MCN.

It all started going down hill after they changed it, MCN never really listened to what anybody wanted, and the site just got slower. On top of that each page seemed to be 50% adverts.

Once the threads started getting edited or deleted people just stopped bothering and found other places.

I'm looking at the MCN site now, and I can see that they have made some improvements, there doesn't appear to be so many adverts, and outside of the forums they seems to have done a good job.

Trouble is, it's the forums that get people going back day after day, and if that doesn't get fixed MCN will lose a lot of visitors. Like I said though, it'll only be short term, as new people with just assume that it's always been like that and accept it.

Images

s1oop...

i see your point about..."I'm looking at the MCN site now, and I can see that they have made some improvements, there doesn't appear to be so many adverts, and outside of the forums they seems to have done a good job."

but for me and many more.... it was the forum that was the biggie.. that's were we plan runs and chat. over the years i and many others have built a rapore with each other... sad as it may seem to some.. but my home has been turned upside down... dam i feel low and need somewhere to go.. maybe send a e-mail off to jason and ask if i can chainge my log in name on ND ? or even try and bring some frends here..

what you think s1oop ?

I know exactly what you're saying, we all felt the same when it happened the first time.

SeanW has posted on MCN saying that the bugs are going to be ironed out, so it might turn out OK in the end.

You're more than welcome to invite as many people as you like to post on here, it costs me the same to run no matter how much it gets used.

Or come over to ND, however ND is an 'acquired taste' and not many people stick it out for long.

Images

re ND....

yer 12 months on and still feel like a newbie there.... always a good well come though..... Ha Ha Ha (was a joke) btw funny lot ain't they.. mind things mite change once the C90 racers start and they get to know me better.. like the saying.. "you can like some of the people some times but not all the people all the time".... on that note, I think I'll stay here for a while and post some stuff, maybe atract some new & old frends in here ?

The 'thing' about ND that a lot of people seem not to understand is that all the regulars there know each other very well, in real life too, not just in cyber space.

You're spot on though, after the first C90 race people will be able to put names to faces. Not saying the welcome will be any different though! lol

Post away, it's be good to get some posts outside the C90 stuff on here. And if there's anything you think needs changing, improving or just removing - just let me know.