Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: C90 mods..

Images

Thumbs up C90 mods..

Hi s1opp.. have had a chat with chaz on ND about mods to the front end on a C90 he told me that a CB100 bolts straight on... but said i should ask you which are best, he thinks it's the disc brake ones.... or welled a different headstock onto the C90 frame.....so what would you sedgiest... what have you found that works.... could you give me some tips ?

would appreciate your help in this matter..

von..(team camaltoe mcn)

PS..took your advice we got a 12v cub.... thanks

Don't get too worried abou a disc brake. A drum will do you just as good.

We have one bike with a disc and one with a drum, and there's not much in it.

Anyway, Forks.

The forks off a CB100 will fit straight on with no mods. Problem you'll have is getting a MX tyre for the front wheel (can't remember the size, but we struggled.) Choice is to fit the C90 wheel to the CB fork, but you'll have to do some welding to make the brake work, and fabricate a spindle. OR, take the wheel to a wheel builder and get a C90 17" rim put on it.

Or, if you look hard enough you can find other bikes that fit, I used a SL125 of eBay (as scrap) and the whole front end bolted straight on.

The forks off things like a XL125 /185 should fit too.

But you may have to shorten the steering tube.

Forks of proper motox bikes can be made to fit, but they varied so much from year to year it's har to be specific, if your thinking of buying any, I'd take the measurements from the C90 along to check against.

Failing that you can always either modify the triple clamps, or weld the entire headstock to the C90 frame. The triple clamps job is a little more skillful but less likely to fall apart.

If you do a search for the purple helmets, they have a forum, and there's always lots of questions about forks on there (I think they used KX forks), it's worh a look.

Images
    OK s1oop...thanks for your advice and tips....spanner time

Images

C90 mods..

Hi s1opp I'm back..

could you tell me whether its best to stick with standard air box or not ?
    only akey was thinking of fitting a K&N filter... but I've suggested to stick with the standard one...as it would act like a snorkel and keep water/crap/mud out....what do you recomend ?

thanks..

von.. team CTR.

To be honest, there's not much of an advantage using a K&N.

It will get clogged up quickly if it's muddy and doesn't really stop the water getting in if there are puddles on the track.

You're right, the original air box will act as a snorkle and it is possible to modify the filter inside the airbox to flow better. The airbox itself only has four tiny holes to let the air in, so modify that to let more air through but keep the water and dirt out.

Images

C90 mods..

thanks s1opp... have passed on your advice to akey...we'll stick with the standard air box and mod that.

nice one s1opp

s1opp

Quick question from another spanner monkey at team CTR.

Can we cut down the leg guards as the top yoke we have put on is fouling on them, I would like to cut them down to below the bottem yoke if possible.

Cheers

Akey

Cutting the leg guards down isn't a problem.

Have a look in the galleries you'll see that most team have had to.

As long as they still 'Look' like C90 leg guards you'll be ok.

S1OPP

Magic, thanks for the quick reply, guess its hacksaw time then!

Images

test....

I've been unable to post on here over crimbo