Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C90 mods..

Images
    Blog Entries
    Test received and noted.

Sloppy had you down as an illegal alien...

Images

front end..

Happy new year s1oop et all,
    re front end.. you were right about 18" wheel
    can't get tyres for that.. so we are using the 17" one off the C90, ok have had a spindle made at work to fit the fork legs and C90 hub.. now the tricky bit we are planning to use the lug at the base of the fork leg (the one that holds the mudguard hanger in place).. plan 1, bolt a 12mm block to it.. or plan 2,weled a alloy lug to it... each will fit into the 12mm slot on the hub.. witch way would be the best... or what did you find that worked best..

thanks von..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Test received and noted.

Sloppy had you down as an illegal alien...

lol. was the site down as i cuold not post ?

BTW happy new year archie.

yep that worked mate

Images
    Blog Entries
    Von.

Same to you, old thing.

Site wasn't down here, far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by von41
    plan 1, bolt a 12mm block to it.. or plan 2,weled a alloy lug to it... each will fit into the 12mm slot on the hub.. witch way would be the best... or what did you find that worked best.
    Thought about the bolt, but wasn;t sure it would be strong enough and didn't want to break anything trying.

If memory serves me the Team Triumph bike from 2005 had an alloy block welded to the fork leg itself. This slotted into the channel on the brake drum and worked a treat.

Well it worked better then their engine anyway.

I'm not a good enough welder to do it myself, so we found another solution for the TRB bike. Find a local wheel builder and get the C90 rim fitted to the CB100 hub, same number of spokes. It cost us £45 and means we have a disc brake on the front.

oh yeah, HNY!

Images

C90 mods..

thanks s1oop,
    yer was going to go that wrought...swap rims and use Cb100 hub
    but found that the front brake calliper was totally shot and no reservoir & leaver in box of bits.... but will save front wheel / disc / spindle...off CB100 just in case the welding job to the forks is to difficult to do by our engineers at work.. any ho thanks for your input to the problem, i'm sure the bike will start to take shape soon..

akey as striped the wiring harness down.. think we are left with 5 wires, he also took the battery off...and the bike ran.. is that OK or will it burn something out ?

thanks again von..

HNY and welcome aboard :-)
    S1opp do you think i should change my fur?
    was thinking of doing somthing different.

Comments on this post
    von41 agrees: HNY to you to

re: Wiring.

It's quite simplte to strip all of the crap out of the loom and be left with only a few wires.

The battery is/was only used in the lighting circuit, so it'll run without it.

If you've got it running then the jobs done. I have a wiring diagram of just the bits you really need, but it sounds like you've already got there.

re: fur.

Keep the fur (might need a sponge down though )