• Aug 19th

7 46.67%
  • Aug 26th

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: north wales run..

1. Von

I'll keep an eye on developments re a run in Sept, We aren't able to make the 19th anyway due to the dragon having to work on the 18th (night shift) We do have to make a duty visit to Wales soon so Sept for us may be ideal. also having pooter problems ! My stepson has been at it, He fitted a 2nd CD/DVD drive & it crashed 2 nights ago, I've got it running again but the bit he put in is dead may be a good thing !

Images

Vulc..

OK mate... re your PC prob... you could try and down load the drivers for your computer again.. from "Microsoft".. free!!

it is possible you have some missing.. and that would make applications & CD/DVD roms to fail to work..

3. Von

aye done that & a multitude of other fixes via aol & microsoft, Pooter's working now cept for the 2nd CD/DVD drive that the lad fitted, It's summat mechanical with its gubbins I think, The tray's jammed I got it open with brute force earlier but it's still nadgered, The light's on permanently now as is the orange flashy indicator thingy ! You can tell I'm pooter friendly can't you ?

Images

Vulc..

Ho ! right... then look at the back of the DVD rom... there is a jumper..

it may be on the left hand side it looks like 4 prongs with a small collar on..

you cover the prongs with the collar.. and it only covers 2 of the prongs..

for the "primary" CD/DVD rom (that's the main rom) you should cover the the 2 pins on the right hand side with the small collar..

for the "secondary" CD/DVD rom (that's the one you have just put in ) you should move the collar to the middle 2 pins..

use a small pointy pair of pliers to move the collar...

5. Hah !

It's fixed ! dunno how I did it but CD/DVD drive No 2 now works & the flashy orange n green lights aren't permanently glowing anymore. Not touching it again LOL !

Any date for the Wales run in mind von ?

Images

erm..

we are looking at the 23rd or 30th sept at the mo..