Thread: Happy Days....

Images

Happy Days....

last year my bike was running like a pig (swine-flu ) type thing from cold start.. had carbs checked, they said there ok.. I'm still not happy.. run it though summer it runs good when warm but crap on cold start.. mate says pidcocks are doing a winter service.. it's around December time -5 c ish so i take it over and tell them the problem i have and leave it with them over night. next day i pick it up they say can't find anything wrong.. i told them it needs the choke on for longer than normal in summer.. but they say it is very cold at the moment!! bring it back later in April when it's warmer!!

so every two weeks i nip out to shed and crack it up over the winter layoff, each time i go out it gets worse!! in feb it's dead (back to basics) i order 4 iridium spark plugs and charge the battery

Crikey!! last Sunday put plugs in cracked it up... sweet as a nut.

No 2 plug was dead/dying black and wet on inspection!!

lesson learned... DIY rocks..

Images
    The lovely ginger nun Clare works at Pidcocks.

Wasting your time on here Von - The Ducatisti wouldn't recognise a spark plug even if inserted as a suppository (well Archie & Trev probably would but we dont go into their hobbies) let alone how to fit new ones.

I shall be giving bigred its spring clean and service once the snow goes.

Images
    two lessons learned then Bob!! i didn't know QB was a mechanic at piddy's..

Images
    I don't think they let her loose with spanners, she works on the sales floor at weekends... or did, I've not spoken to her for ages.