Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tyres for the R6

1. New Tyres for the R6

Pilot Powers, Dunlop RR or good ole Bridgestones?

your recommendations please

(OK Archie and Renns)

Images
    I had a good look around when I wanted tyres for the famous ND/SS 2010 Cadwell Track Extravaganza.

I ended up with Pilot Power CT2's, which iirc are currently being replaced by Pilot Pures (I think Chaz said).

It was a choice for me between the Pilot Powers and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa Rosso 3 (or some combination of the previous words).

3. It was the Pilot powers/pures I was thinking off.

Had Dunlops on the TT they were good, have Bridgestones on the R6 at the moment, but really don't like the feel on the front, and the back is as square as a square thing

Images
    Blog Entries
    I have the pilot pures, still going with plenty of tread left with everyday communting since the SS trackday, and they are waaay better than me on track.

5. I think that's my mind made up

pilot pures it is

Images
    Cliff, iirc your R6 had a slightly different front tyre profile to to all the other 600's when it was new. Mine use to feel quite odd when the front started to square off, I think anything would make the front feel better, I doubt it's down to the Bridgestones specifically.

I've never really rated Dunlops... except the ones on my racebikes, but then thats because there's only Dunlop and Avon makes race compound tyres in 18 inch sizes.

7. I put a new front on it before cadwell Bob (dodgy had a new front spare b'stone) but the back is so squared off that I was going to change them both, even though with the new front it felt better, it still doesn't feel "right"

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    Cliff, iirc your R6 had a slightly different front tyre profile to to all the other 600's when it was new. Mine use to feel quite odd when the front started to square off, I think anything would make the front feel better, I doubt it's down to the Bridgestones specifically.

I've never really rated Dunlops... except the ones on my racebikes, but then thats because there's only Dunlop and Avon makes race compound tyres in 18 inch sizes.
    IIRC - With the profile change on the front, you need to check front mud guard clearance.

Images
    Aye, the original shape R6's had 120/60's iirc and other 600's at the time were on 120/70's.

10. Out of a group of eight people lapping a damp ring together (at the same pace and on the same line) only 2 weren't complaining of have little slides in the greasy conditions. Both wee on big v twins (one Buell one 996), both were on Pilot Power 2CTs. I've not tried the Pures yet but I'd buy another set of the Power 2CTs tomorrow if I needed them, but they last so well i don't.