Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention All Team Managers: How To Donate Your Cash

Attention All Team Managers: How To Donate Your Cash

ALL TEAM MANAGERS MUST READ AND TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

C90 Racing Sponsorship: here’s how it works

The main purpose of NDC90 Racing is to raise money for our charity and have a ball along the way.

Having a ball is easy, raising money isn’t actually that hard. Keeping track of it, however, can be tricky, unless you follow these guidelines to the letter.

In 2007, we want to be able to account for every penny raised by all your hard work and pain – especially the pain bit.

So team managers…please take the time to read this and pass on the information to anyone in your team who should be aware of it.

1. As treasurer, I run a Nodding Dogs bank account with Lloyds TSB. Into this will go all cash raised from the raffles, auctions and collections. It can also be used for those of you who raise sponsorship money, simply by sending a cheque made out to me, N. Heffernan. It will go into the account and sit there earning interest until the season is over.

You can also pay money directly into this account either in person at your local Lloyds TSB branch or you can transfer funds by phone or internet banking. E-mail me for account details.

When this is done, you MUST identify yourself in some way, so that I can clearly see on the statements who has paid in what.

I cannot emphasise enough just how important this is to keeping a clear record of accounts.

Do not assume I will just know or remember, do not force me to chase around trying to find out who has paid in some cash from The Woolwich in Stoke. I just don’t have the time, OK?

2. By entering a team for the championship, you have committed yourself to raising a minimum of £300 in sponsorship money. This is not a lot between 10 or so people, as you can see by reading the 2006 accounts at www.ndc90racing.co.uk. We confidently expect teams to raise much more. (That’s a veiled threat, OK?)

- You can send any such money to me, to be paid into the above charity account.
    - You can send cheques made out to Fragile X and I will pass them on.
    - You can send money directly to Fragile X – this may appeal to some companies as they can claim tax relief on it.

You can do any of the above at any time during the season, but remember: The minimum amount of £300 must reach me or the charity within one month of the last race on September 8th 2007.

And should you choose to send money direct, you absolutely must let me know the amount, when it was sent and which team you are in. If I don’t know about it, I can’t record it and your team will suffer.

3. Finally…if you have any queries about any of this, talk to me. E-mail me at the address below. Do not post questions on MCN, ND or Sparkyslider, I may miss them. Do not bother any other committee member with them, it’s not their area of concern, it’s mine.

The reason for all this is simple: to ensure that what you, as a team, raise for charity is properly recorded and recognised.

If you stick to the above, it will be.

And 2007 will be a year to remember.

Thank you all.

Nicola Heffernan (biker_spice)
    Treasurer, NDC90 Racing

E-mail: biker@spice.eclipse.co.uk
    Mobile: 07710 650146

Images
    Blog Entries
    Well said, Spice.

Team Managers - listen up and do as the Evil Heff says !

Or I come and kill you.

It's that simple.

Archie,
    Ex-Treasurer, NDC90 Racing

Comments on this post
    biker_spice agrees: Thanks, all credit to my speechwriter! He writes for Zac Goldsmith too you know...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Spice...

I suggest you post this on ND and on MCN ?

Images
    I have told Tina about it.

Images
    dose it have to be a manager ?

can't i submit the money raised by me and Craig straght to the bank account that spice as set up ?

E-mail time..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by von41 View Post
    dose it have to be a manager ?

can't i submit the money raised by me and Craig straght to the bank account that spice as set up ?

E-mail time..
    I think you can Von... just let Spicey the amount and that it was from you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerchickett View Post
    I think you can Von... just let Spicey the amount and that it was from you

Ta Mand.. I'll do that.. me & Craig will be collecting well in the excess of £200
    so would prefer to lob into bank account direct..

i will E-mail spice with my intention as our manager is not always available..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by von41 View Post
    Ta Mand.. I'll do that.. me & Craig will be collecting well in the excess of £200
    so would prefer to lob into bank account direct..

i will E-mail spice with my intention as our manager is not always available..
    It wont be a problem as long as she knows which team the money has come from

Images
    Blog Entries
    Von.

As Mandy says, yes you can do what you suggest.

The reason for the detailed post is that in past seasons, money has been raised and sent without the treasurer, (me then, Spice now) being aware of who raised it.

And also without the charity knowing that it came as a result of the NDC90 Racing initiative.

So, any certificate from the charity acknowledging funds raised would be less than the true amount.

Y'see ?

Just make sure you let Spice know how much and from whom it comes and all will be fine.

Images
    OK... i understand..

I'll make it easy for spice.. i like simplicity see..