Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my head hurts....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by von41 View Post
    Aha... them plug into land line thingumabobs and is wireless to pooter.. I've seen um.. sweet

Thats the one... my lappy is wireless... but have wired the PC, well it is at the mo

Images
    may i suggest... if you are going to go wireless on your pooter... D-link and Linksys.. do a brill PCI adaptor i know they are deara.. but good if not the best

Images
    may i suggest... if you are going to go wireless on your pooter... D-link and Linksys.. do a brill PCI adaptor i know they are deara.. but good if not the best
    Ta... 'puter has wireless already, but decided to wire it as a bit more secure... supposedly ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerchickett View Post
    Ta... 'puter has wireless already, but decided to wire it as a bit more secure... supposedly ?

ok I'll send you a link and you can test if your at risk... it's ok trust me.

it's from Gibson research.. called "SHIELDS UP" .. is safe to use >.. just scroll down to shields up and click on it..

http://www.grc.com/intro.htm

Images
    ok I'll send you a link and you can test if your at risk... it's ok trust me.

it's from Gibson research.. called "SHIELDS UP" .. is safe to use >.. just scroll down to shields up and click on it..

http://www.grc.com/intro.htm
    Thanks Von, i'll have a squiz when i am more awake

Unsecured wireless Networks

Yeah they are good. Useful when visiting friends or relatvies that dont have broadband. Just do a search for local wireless networks and often you can find an unsecured one that you can attach to. Just be aware that you can be prosecuted for it if caught. Although highly unlikely. Think there has only been one such case and they were sat in a car outside someones house!

Images
    mmmm.. would that be 3 points una £60 fine ?