Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lightning strikes twice.....

Images
    Please let us know what happens then

Images
    all went well... panel out!! un hawk out!! 30 Min's tops... smooth as clock work... BUT!!!! 2 hours to get panel back in + of course a few fag brakes and a bit of banter.. all in all cracking job..

lma0' oh.. erm lets hope everyone concerned wakes up tomorrow

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    lma0' oh.. erm lets hope everyone concerned wakes up tomorrow

you've dune it now T... i shan't sleep now

Pmsl' what will be will be eh'

you will be fine the voodoo doll is in the box

Images
    Nice one Von... good job done

7. Birds of prey ---

I'm fascinated by them, Lords of the air they I are once saw a sparrow hawk hit a pidgeon in mid air, more like heard it ! Looked up & it was coming down with the pidgeon already dead.

A cautionary tale of dealing with buzzards ! when I first got back to biking I had a GPZ1100, I was en route to mothers via a lane kind of covered over by trees, THWACK ! on the left side fairing, It was a young buzzard that hit me.
    I stopped went back to it --DEAD ! I thought NAH the buggers feign death when grounded, I went round behind & it moved, I folded its wings & picked it up luckily from behind cos this bugger woke up & wasn't happy ! A lady stopped in a car & asked "can I help ?" "switch my bike off please" sez I. She duly did so & was all hyper about seeing a buzzard up close, Damn thing's trying to take my face off & she's trying to stroke it ! I got her to get my phone out to call my daughter who worked at that time for the RSPCA, She told me to check it's wings etc which I did & all seemed ok. In doing this it ended up tucked under my right arm "release it" sez daughter, So I sez to this lady "help me release it in that field open the gate please" She did, All the time buzzing round me really exited which wound the bird up a treat & it continued trying to take my face off !

To release the thing I needed to move it from under my arm & hold it out at arms length & simply let go, Here's the painfull bit ! It grabbed my left index finger in its left talons, I still had gloves on & I tried to wriggle free, with each wriggle it tightened its grip ! Mrs woman is jumping up & down with glee cos its fooking parents turned up & they weren't happy either & proceeded to dive bomb me ! I got my hand free but it had my glove I was happy to still have my face & fingers so I let go & all 3 birds flew off making a hell of a din, My glove was released at about 30ft & I had a 500 yd trog to get it back, When I got back to the gate Mrs woman was gone ! bike was scratched.

moral of the story ? Don't fuck with a buzzard !
    Last edited by vulcanrog; 25-04-2007 at 20:31.

Images
    Ouch !!!!!!

We get loads of Buzzards round here.

An warm evening they all soar about making a racket, counted up to 17 at one time.

They look like vultures circling.

10. Where I work

on a naval air base we have a breeding pair of buzzards in a wood near one of our gates, About this time of year they'll have a youngster they lost last years, It flew into the razor wire severing a wing my daughter came out to put it to sleep, Such a fine bird too. They do this kind of tumbling act now & then, sort of re establishing the bond they get right up high & you'd think they were going to hit the ground but they soar back up & repeat it, Real nice to watch on a quiet day.