Thread: Tyre Wear

Tyre Wear

Ive got a problem with rear tyres 'degrading' after about 1000miles ? small cracks are appearing across the centre 1/3 of the tyre, had this on 2 tyres now, both pirelli diablo, anyone had similar problems with these?? tyre fitter reckons that the tyres are overheating then cooling too quickly? I could understand if i rode like rossi, but 300 miles on the last tyre has been too & from work at sensible speeds? helpful/ unhelpful comments appreciated

Any pikkies?
    Try a different brand of tyre?

Images
    bit of a sod that mate innit... or.. could it be that they are old tyres and you have been sold old stock ?

Agree with Ballistix, can you get a picture?

I've got Diablos and haven't noticed anything. Done trackdays on them too and they get a lot hotter than they would on the road.

I can understand how you can heat up a tyre too quick, but don't see how you can cool it down any quicker .

Von

May be right about the tyres being old. Cannot remember the coding but if you google it I'm sure you will find how to check the dates on your tyres.

I know race tyres are only designed for a limited number of heat up - cool down cycles.

Never heard of it for Road tyres though.