Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Story time

Story time

Whats your favourite biking tale? Accidents, mishaps, stupid mistakes, outlandish behaviour. Lets hear them all

Images

erm..

i like the film....fastest Indian.. brill

3. spire hunni

i could not print the best times. memories are hardto repeat
    (plus i'd get locked up. lol)

4. The one when I tried bumping my first bike, tripped, hung on & got dragged 200 yrds down the road until the road ground down to the knee caps & I let go.

The bike then went another 50yrds & saftly lodged itself in a hedge. No damage!

To the bike anyways.....

First time I got my knee down was right in front of a patrol car.

Had my collar felt for that!

Images
    When i decided to learn to ride a bike i had a trial session.... it was all going fine til i was told to try and change gear by a certain point.

Dunno what i did but i got spat off and ended up being bruised the entire length of the left side of my body !

Took me a year before i got back on a bike again... but i persevered and managed to pass my test

Bexi

Looking forward to that conversation then

Side stand

Where I used to live the main post office was by some traffic lights. If you timed it right you could pull up at a red light post your letter and be ready to set off when the lights turned green.

I pulled up kicked the side stand down and jumped off. The side stand wasnt properly down and the bike fell on top of me trapping me against the kerb. By the time I had crawled out from under it, lifted it up, posted the letter, I had missed the green light. Needless to say I also had an audience watching and laughing

Comments on this post
    Bikerchickett agrees: Superb, just superb !!!!

when we were yoof

7 up on a c50
    One on front muddy, one on top of bars, 4 on seat, and one sittin on the number plate bracket.
    And yes we came off flat out at the end of a path, 6 of us escaped by sort of jumping off onto the edge of a field, one did'nt make it and was rescued from having his leg slowly barbied by the zorst
    Them were the days.

10. First time I ever rode a bike. Mate I was buying it off came down to show me over it (Yamaha YB100). And a crowd of other mates came too to sit on the wall and watch. After a 5 min explanation, that was it, I was off.

I proceeded down the road by zigzagging from one kerb to the other pulling small wheelies before getting it in a straight line and disappearing in a cloud of smoke over the hill.

After stalling it when I tried to stop a few hundred yards on, I paddled it round and manged to get it going and returned in a fairly orderly manner - to be met by all my mates running the towards me over the hill convinced I must have come to a bad end!

DS