Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Connection Problems.

spend my pound wisely

I've had this from Fasthosts.

Now, to aid there 'investigation' I need to log the problems and report them back.

So, if you could, please post times/dates of when the problem occurs on this thread and I'll feedback to fast hosts.

I know, I know, it happens all the time - but they put the hoops up, I just jump through them.

Hopefully, once they get some feedback, they may take some action.

S1OPP

Quote Originally Posted by Fasthosts
    Dear Stephen,

Thanks for contacting us with your support enquiry.

In order for us to escalate reported problems with services we need to replicate the errors reported.
    I am able to view your site and navigate around it without issue at this time.
    This is, as you have been advised, most likely a resources issue that is causing intermittent problems to visitors of your site.
    We have systems in place that continuously monitor our servers and flag any issues with resources so that the issues can be investigated by our engineers.

If it is found that a particular site is causing issues on the server then we will then investigate why and remove the site from the shared platform onto a probationary server until the owner has taken remedial action
    As you can imagine, this is a constant task as we have a great many sites on our servers.

I see that you have already entered discussion regarding the possibility of using a dedicated server for your site.
    This would remove the possibility of having sites that are not your own causing a problem with shared resources on your server.
    In the meantime if you could monitor your site and, when outages are experienced, keep a note of error messages and times of outages then when you next contact us we can pass further information to our engineers to aid their investigations.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Kind regards,

Tim Andrews
    Customer Support
    Fasthosts Internet Ltd.

3. 14.12.08 18:00

DS

Images
    Blog Entries
    14-12-08 18:31

14-12-08 18:33

3 successive complete failures preceded by only some page elements not downloading.

What virtualisation 'technology' are they using?

It's usually incredibly straightforward to ask a hypervisor what's going on and why.

If they're merely logical partitions then shame on them for not being instantly able to sort it out.

18.38 14/12/08 blank page again

and again

9. 14.12.08 18:45

DS

Ah, it's apache 1.3.41...

what's your ListenBacklog set to?

If it's default, then try setting it to something like 1000

Are any of the KeepAlive options enabled. According to the HTTP response, it seems unlikely.