Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Connection Problems.

Perhaps my ISP's DNS services are a little faster on the uptake.

Images
    Blog Entries
    You calling my puter thick ?

you know how they say that pets resemble their owners?..........

It's back with gusto now.

I'm going to put some pressure on Fasthosts.

I'm not really going to offer to spend more money if they can't sort this out.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Slopp. Dont know if you'll get this, but it's gone mental now. Almost every click fails to connect.

11 in a row this time.

8. Seems to be much better this morning, Slopp.

9. Spoke too soon.

The problem with the disconnection error continues - and continues to get worse.

The only solution being offered by the hosting company so far is to upgrade to a dedicated server.

The problem, they say, is caused by another domain on the shared server using all of the server's resource. So far they have not offered a solution, merely stated that this is one of the downsides of shared hosting.

A dedicated server is 5 times the current monthly cost - which in itself is not a problem, the service I am getting from the webhost is.

If I travelled to work by train, I would put up with the train being crowded or late sometimes - because that's what I expect. If I complained, I wouldn't expect to be told to buy a car, cars don't have that problem.

Anyway, in a nutshell, it's looking more and more likely that Sparky Slider will need to move to a new hosting home, probably on a dedicated server.

The next week or so will be spent by me, testing the process required for the move. I will try and keep any disruption to a minimum during the testing, but when it finally does move there will be some downtime.

thank you once again for your patience

S1OPP