PDA

View Full Version : Broken fingers !

paulzxr
06-03-2007, 20:03
how long do fingers take to heal ? broke my ifnger & knuckle with a f**k off big hammer today, didn' arf urt, :no:

parapanfan
06-03-2007, 20:46
You have to realise that your fingers will heal a lot sooner than the embarassment will fade. :)

If you were jockey you wouldn't even have gone to hospital.

A professional biker racer you'd have been out on the next leg.

But, depending on how bad the fractures actually are, it should only take about 2-3 weeks.

Again, depending on how bad, you may get residual pain for quite a while to come.

As soon as possible it is important that you start some kind of physio to maximise mobility.

Tina
06-03-2007, 20:58
They will never heal properly, blimey concentrate man

von41
06-03-2007, 21:15
hope you mend fast bud..... tip!!... move hand next time.. or better still keep away from heavy objects..;)

S1OPP
08-03-2007, 06:41
Aaaaaaagh, did somebody mention a hammer?

:eek:

paulzxr
08-03-2007, 07:03
not just any hammer, but the biggest hammer i had ! swelling has now gone from my fingers up to the back of my hand, so not only can i not bend my fingers i couldnt get a glove on to ride anyway, teach'd me a lesson though

Spire
08-03-2007, 08:12
When I was a kid. Didnt go to hospital till the next day. The bone I broke was my ring finger but in my hand. The doctor pulled it out longer than my middle finger. I SCREAMED! Obnly took a few weeks to heel. But it still aches sometimes when I put sustained pressure on it.

von41
10-03-2007, 12:17
I've done it to... this morning at work... hit hand twice.. 5 minute gap though.. mist the chisel... ouch!!.. lump came up like a duck egg.. screaming and dancing as now stopped... am left with a buggered left hand now.. can't grip for shit now :mad:

Bikerchickett
10-03-2007, 17:01
Oh damn, you should be more careful Von :(

Hope you can still manage to ride your bike.

paulzxr
10-03-2007, 17:50
hurts doesnt it !! :mad: , Ive got 2 splinter fractures on my index finger, that bit doesnt hurt, but where the hammer has taken the skin off stings like hell

Tina
10-03-2007, 18:07
Want me to stamp on your foot?
It will take your mind off your hand.

Strong in the arm thick in the head! he-he

von41
11-03-2007, 12:04
Oh damn, you should be more careful Von :(

Hope you can still manage to ride your bike.

hurts doesnt it !! :mad: , Ive got 2 splinter fractures on my index finger, that bit doesnt hurt, but where the hammer has taken the skin off stings like hell

Want me to stamp on your foot?
It will take your mind off your hand.

Strong in the arm thick in the head! he-he

careful!!. me you'd woulda thought i would have stopped hitting my hand after the first wallop..

yes it do hurt :yes:

stamp away :)

paulzxr
11-03-2007, 15:03
hit hand twice.. 5 minute gap though.. mist the chisel... ouch :mad:

at least i know when to stop hitting myself:D

von41
11-03-2007, 15:42
sometimes i amaze my self :)

Gwydion Forge
11-03-2007, 16:23
Awright, since it seems like everone is talkin broken digits here is my story...I was jumping out of the back seat of a 4-door pickup truck and in a hurry. I slammed the door shut using my hand as leverage against the side of the truck. Somehow the middle finger on left hand got caught in the door, broke the very end in 2 places and split the skin dripping blood all over door & me. I thought i only split the skin and didnt go to hospital for 2 or 3 days, not much they could do but the drugs were nice...

Gwyds

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 16:43
Awright, since it seems like everone is talkin broken digits here is my story...I was jumping out of the back seat of a 4-door pickup truck and in a hurry. I slammed the door shut using my hand as leverage against the side of the truck. Somehow the middle finger on left hand got caught in the door, broke the very end in 2 places and split the skin dripping blood all over door & me. I thought i only split the skin and didnt go to hospital for 2 or 3 days, not much they could do but the drugs were nice...

Gwyds

Big Ouch !!

RonnI
11-03-2007, 17:12
Someone could have taken the hammer to your bike. aye S1opp?

vulcanrog
11-03-2007, 17:43
was changing a l/rover gearbox many moons ago while still in the RAF & with the RAF Regt, Me mate had skived off (again) & I was ready to jack the new box up & kick it in, I got impatient & jacked it up got under it & started to wiggle it in, the jack slipped & I KNEW the bugger was gonna fall so I scooted out, My left overal cuff caught on the thing & down it came, I felt a bang on my ring finger & a sort of 'pop' ! I got up cursing & shaking me hand, blood flew all over my face --- Then I looked at it & fainted ! It resembled a teaspoon sorta shape but with 'meat' hanging out of the split !
got to the med centre & the doc said "put your elbow on the table" I did, He then proceeded to cut the 'meat' off ! --- cue another faint !

YEH digits hurt when you hurts em !

Tina
11-03-2007, 18:28
Aww poor Von. :wubwoo:

Vulcanrog.. oh you have turned me stomach.

Me and my friend were doing dirty dancing when we were out one night.
She fell on me i placed my hand behind me to break my fall.. silly billy! lma0' there was my finger swollen over my wedding and engagement ring.
her grabbing it as she was well drunk.. pulling it about "ah its OK"!
Next day rings cut off, and Fecked all the tendons and ligaments.
Me and my disfigured finger.. all owed to me Biatch.

But Yeah you guys are the winners in the finger story's!:D

vulcanrog
11-03-2007, 19:33
had to have her wedding ring cut off, Her finger was swollen & infected by a paper cut she's had it made into earrings.

S1OPP
11-03-2007, 19:34
Finger earrings, eeeeew

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 19:40
Shudders

vulcanrog
11-03-2007, 19:48
the wedding ring LOL ! Now see you've got me remembering things, when I was a lad & in with a 'bad crowd' of bikers in Plymouth (1960's) a lad I went to school with & his mate played 'chicken' on their bikes at a place called Roborough Down, Nearby was the cafe at Yelverton where the bad boyz met.
The game was ride at each other to see who would 'chicken out' first, Neither of em did ! Head on collision & both were badly hurt, Police, ambulances the works involved & a lotta heat on us for a while.
The lad I knew ended up with his left hand going through the aluminium tank of the other bike severing his little finger, Upon retrieving his bike from the scrapyard the other lad found this mouldy festering finger inside the tank, between them they burnt the flesh off with a blow lamp & made a key fob out of the bones !

Now THAT'S yukky !

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 19:57
Yukky is not the word :(

scorps
11-03-2007, 20:08
fingers are a bitch aint they, i got mine with a bread knife last week, dont do hospitals i just use them butterfly thingies and hope for the best, stopped bleeding on 3rd day and ive now took the butterflies strips off still hurts though especially when i catch it

Tina
11-03-2007, 20:51
3 days? for the love.. you needed medical treatment.. stitches!

vulcanrog
11-03-2007, 20:54
catch it ? You mean it's not attached & you dropped it ?

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 20:54
Keep an eye on it Scorps and keep dirt out of it.

Tina
11-03-2007, 20:59
Oh bugger it get oil in it tomorrow, oil always works.. i am sure that's what the blackjack gunk was made from.. gets the shite out. smelt horrid but always worked what ever happened to it? do you remember it?

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 21:03
Don't remember that T.

vulcanrog
11-03-2007, 21:04
my youngest lad ever the adventurer thought it a good idea to SIT on his skateboard & roll down the steepest hill in our area, Daft sod ran over his own fingers ! Pushed 3 nails up into the quicks, A&E doc had to pull em out ! Even with numbing them it must have hurt like hell but the bugger never made a whimper !

Tina
11-03-2007, 21:10
O it smelt.. well terrible, but i loved it it was like tar, i would pull all the shite out.. it was great, i need to find a really old chemist was one in Halesowen, but sadly no more.. it looked like tar smelt oh the smell. hot tar!

Tina
11-03-2007, 21:18
I want some.
Its ace draws al the crap and badness out.
Thats our mission, we are off sweetie shops and on old chemist's for black jack.

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 21:19
I want some.
Its ace draws al the crap and badness out.
Thats our mission, we are off sweetie shops and on old chemist's for black jack.

What no more sweetie shops...... *sobs*

BTW that chocolate was not that nice, but it did the trick, my craving has gone now :D

von41
11-03-2007, 21:22
black jack choose.... like fruit salad choose.. erm not like a poultice type thing ?

Bikerchickett
11-03-2007, 21:27
black jack choose.... like fruit salad choose.. erm not like a poultice type thing ?

T means a poultice type thingy...

Dont worry you'll get the hang of yam yam speak soon enough :D