PDA

View Full Version : Hello

monopod
21-02-2007, 14:43
Hello ,This is just like throwing your hat into a strange room..... I'm monopod, I'm new (of course). I'm riding with a "handicap" (not the wife, 'cos she doesn't "do" biking.) I've only got one leg of my own, the other belongs to the NHS, which doesn't do much to commend it. I'm not gregarious, I'm a bit of an antisocial chap really.....lots of folks are put off by the "leg".:D Strangely, men are put off more than ladies, which suits me fine.:p The NABD got me mobile again, with a "Kliktronic" gear change, which is a really worthwhile gadget even if you can change gear with your foot. It's quicker than thought...( well my thoughts anyway.):o I like to spread the word about the National Society for Bikers with a Disability, 'cos they're doing a seriously good job for " physically challenged bikers." It's like a reprieve from a death sentence to bike again after an amputation, and that's no exaggeration. It just goes to show that there are some bloody "rough diamonds" out and about on two wheels.

S1OPP
21-02-2007, 16:05
Welcome to Sparky Slider.

I noticed your name appear on ND recently, don't worry about being anti-social, we're all like that here.

I'm sure there will be a ride out or a 'death in....' once the weather gets a bit warmer. That's when all the anti-socials get together and stare at there feet.

I'd never heard of the NABD before, so I guess your missionary work is paying off.

S1OPP

Noodle
21-02-2007, 16:29
Cool. But you've hollowed out the leg and use it as a flask for brandy, right?

Hmmmm, not gregarious and antisocial? You'll fit right in.

Come C90 racing!

And missionary is spelled with two esses, Slopp, no T's.

That's P-E-D-A-N-T.

Tina
21-02-2007, 16:36
Hi and welcome

Tina
21-02-2007, 16:38
Jesus hi Glyn.. lol' i should have looked before i posted.
Nice to see you on Sparky's btw..speak soon x

Minty
21-02-2007, 23:27
Hello ,This is just like throwing your hat into a strange room.....

Better than your car keys dude with some of the weirdos we've got around here.

Welcome and all that gubbins.

tiamo69
22-02-2007, 23:07
U've never heard off N A B D before...?

Where have you been hiding all these years???

NABD have been around & fundraising for years & are supported by MAG + you should have seen there at the NEC & most other major bike shows...

But now you know...

Monopod - welcome.:)

S1OPP
23-02-2007, 10:03
Yeah, you see, MAG - it's all Belstaff's and Wellies and campaigning against legshields or something. Which probably explains why I just walk past them and any shows I've been to.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But at least I've heard of them now.

monopod
23-02-2007, 19:44
Thanks Folks, I had never heard of "prostheses" either.....until suddenly in 1996 I had pressing need of one to keep my arse off the floor.:(
( Good job they still send missionaries to N. Lincolnshire, otherwise I would still be riding my T&G, blissfully unaware that sanity was at hand.)
The word "missionary".....I had to look it up recently, 'cos my wife took a liking to it, so I know what they barbeque in Grimsby....due to the depletion in fish stocks or something ?:confused:
Hi Tina....see you got here too. So you did get a lift then?:)

Oh yes... the prosthesis !! You could fit a sizeable liquid b--b inside a lower leg prosthesis. I'm trying to perfect one to sell to the "terrorist" chaps. You could make a useful sidearm of one as well, so be careful....it might be mine.

S1OPP
23-02-2007, 20:05
Hey, don't go hogging the whole prosthetic lime light here.

You're not the only one with a fakey, but that's a WHOLE other storey. :rolleyes:

monopod
24-02-2007, 17:56
Story........You ain't heard mine yet.....Once upon a time and a half.........;)
No, I won't bore you with it. Think positive...think positive....positive..Bye:cool:

Archangel
08-03-2007, 16:44
Mono.

Welcome indeed.

I have a titanium spine, no spleen, one ear and only partial use of my eyes.

And yet I am faster, fitter and sexier than anyone on here.

I can also out-drink the buggers too.

You'll fit in fine - here or on ND.

brundle-bike
08-03-2007, 16:45
I have a wooden head.

Tina
08-03-2007, 16:53
Been here a while chick.. Jesus shuddup lma0'

Why would i need a lift ? i have a bike of me own :confused:

Tina
08-03-2007, 16:55
well i am all me if we are doing whos got all there body parts.
Nothing added nothing taken away.
lma0 @ brundle biker

monopod
08-03-2007, 21:01
Erm, I don't recall seeing any "limelight"...... (plenty of coloured stars though,) and Wife ( She who must be obeyed) tells me that the NHS "replacement bodypart" is the best bit of me.:mad: There seems to be an element in bikers that says "never give in", but it took me a while to find my new "persona". Am I right in thinking titanium isn't magnetic, Archangel ? (I have some brilliant times at airports.) Oh.... and by the way, I've willed all my usable bodyparts to " whom it may concern", all supplied with a government health warning. ( Brain, and another strategic bit hardly used..... almost as new.);)
And to the young lady who calls herself Tina, I was only joking 'cos I get everywhere last. And I don't know you, have never heard of you, haven't met you anywhere else, ever !! ( But Hope springs eternal, so they say.) TTFN.;)

Tina
08-03-2007, 21:09
Roflmfa0' thats given the game right away now!

Glyn be Jesus.
coming to the c90 endurance?

monopod
09-03-2007, 09:54
Hi Tina, (whoever you are), I can't decipher the code.....is it rude? (Every day's an endurance when you're a domestic slave.) Would you believe that the only bike that ever threw me off maliciously was a Honda 90. I 'spect that I shall find my way around soon, there are some bikey things that I would like to see before my leg is "recalled", ( if I stay out later than midnight, it changes back into a pumpkin.):wubwoo:
Some of the regulars that hang around these sites aren't being chased by a wife like mine...... it was easier to get out of Colditz. Hell, I shall have to go now. TTFN:confused:

S1OPP
09-03-2007, 09:57
You should know by now, Tina speaks entirely in code.

It's the yam-yam way.

ay it bab?

monopod
09-03-2007, 15:56
She said that I would soon get the hang of it, but I'm having more success with Mandarin Chinese !! I get confused with all these makes of foreign bikes too .....
What happened to the good old Yamakawahondukihaha ??:no: