PDA

View Full Version : Bastards... some git..

von41
12-10-2007, 15:41
has scammed my account 3 times... cheeky gits!!!

just under £200... and here's me thinking chip & pin is safe....

How the Fcuk!! do they do it.. me bank card is safe with me... i even shred me paper work at home... but they still cloned me card some how!!

the fraud squad is on the case... me bank say they will re-embers me, and stop me card.... still buggered if i know how they did it ?

just shows you we are not safe.... even though we take grate steps to try and keep inportant stuff safe.....

still cheeky buggers though...:eek:

Bikerchickett
12-10-2007, 18:16
They are crafty so and so's.

Always shield the machine when you put your PIN in and NEVER let anyone touch your card other than you, definitely never let it out of your sight.... it takes less than a second for it to be swiped in a cloning machine.

Also have a good look at a cash machine before you use it as false fronts are more common than you think.

von41
13-10-2007, 13:16
that's just it Mand... i don't use my card much.. i don't go to cash machines..
fact I'm a very light user... that's why I'm puzzled how i got scammed..:confused:

RonnI
13-10-2007, 13:25
The easiest way is via on line transactins. If you dont use your card online then the 2 other common options is they rifle the bins for bank detail.(The banks as well as your own) or the one I see most Skimming.

http://idtheft.about.com/od/methodsofthef1/p/Skimming.htm

von41
13-10-2007, 14:43
Ta RonnI..

very informative link..:cool:

chazhead
14-10-2007, 16:26
Petrol garages are the worse for skimming details, and they use the CCTV cameras to watch ya pin input.