PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up, or Down

S1OPP
07-10-2006, 15:25
if you want to agree (or disagree) with a post, click on the scales for that post.

Each time you agree with a poster it adds to their reputation score (the little green squares) and, if you disagree it reduces their reputation score. How much effect you have on their reputation depends on your own reputation score.

Give it a go.

S1OPP

S1OPP
07-10-2006, 20:31
I can change, how much, how many and how often.

if needed.

Porkscratchin
08-10-2006, 09:17
i just tried to agree, but your denied 'repping' one individual too much...says you have to 'spread the love!!'

S1OPP
08-10-2006, 09:45
Ok, I've made some changes.

Original Settings:

Register Date Factor
Post Count Factor
For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 1000

Reputation Point Factor
For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 100

Minimum Post Count
How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 50

Minimum Reputation Count
How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? 10

Reputation User Spread
How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? 3

New settings:

Post Count Factor
For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 500

Reputation Point Factor
For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. 50

Minimum Post Count
How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 50

Minimum Reputation Count
How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? 10

Reputation User Spread
How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? 1

Here's my thoughts.

As your reputation increases so does your reputation power, so if you have 10 points and agree with somebody else on 10, they will get +1. If you disagree the get -1. Once you get to 100, agree and that poster gets +2, and so on.

There has to be some limit, otherwise the system will get abused.

As you get more points, you get more little green sqaures under your name so people can see your reputation at a glance.

I've changed some setting so hopefully it will make it a little more interesting, without losing it's usefullness.

If you thing it still needs tweaking let me know, I'll make it work the way the majority thinks it should.