PDA

View Full Version : What a mess....

von41
19-08-2007, 18:47
started the strip down on the GT this after noon.... good god what a mess..:mad:

exhausts off.. rear pegs.. rear mud guard & light essay.. rear indicators.. gear lever.. sprocket case... now the shit hits the fan... the sprocket nut is finger tight only the tab washer is keeping the sprocket on.. quick tap to flatten the washer and the sprocket nut unscrewed with fingers... slid the front sprocket off.. yep it's knacked.. i then split the chain (it has a split link) i then go to the rear sprocket to take the chain off and find about 1/4" play in the rear sprocket.. i think there is a bearing on the sprocket carrier.. erm well should be ?.. the rear wheel bearings seem OK.. no movement or play on wheel.. but the sprocket carrier wobbles about until you push it into the cush drive.. but it don't stay in.. some thing's not right.. can't take back wheel off till i get a center stand or until i remove the engine... if i get chance in the week I'll give it clean and whip it out... god knows what I'll find when i strip that down..

I'm amazed how this bike moved and run.. it is in a bad shape and in need of some TLC.. and a lot of work... & parts!!

photo of sprocket case removed..

http://www.sparkyslider.co.uk/gallery/showimage.php?i=7205

Bikerchickett
19-08-2007, 20:27
You definitely have a project there Von !!

RonnI
20-08-2007, 21:54
Gunk & a Paddock stand could be needed!!!!

von41
26-08-2007, 16:44
Gunk & a Paddock stand could be needed!!!!

indeed RonnI....... both of which i have... the Gunk has been administered and have now found the oil leak...... it's the seal behind the neutral switch under the front sprocket... the wiring is a total mess... but I'm up for the challenge,
the parts list is growing by the week....:)

Bikerchickett
27-08-2007, 18:33
Its been a nice weekend for tinkering :)