PDA

View Full Version : A few requests:

S1OPP
06-02-2006, 11:38
I've been asked to look at changing a few things, and will be working on these things when I get time.

If anybody else hase any suggestions, then let me know and I'll keep this list updated as I go along.

• Post directly within the thread. There is a reply box in the thread itself without having to go to reply.
There's a quick reply box at the end now.

• Top 20 .
So far it's there on the home page. But I've put a link with New Posts at the top). I may be able to setup a page, with just the top 20 (or 50) threads

• Quick link to Boards . Wherever you are in the site, you always have the link available.
I'm working on the navbar for this

• Compact layout in threads and listings of threads. No superfluous graphics and fairly tight type. Means you can get a lot of the thread on screen without having to scroll.
In your UserCP you can choose which graphics get displayed. and the mode of the thread display

• Unlimited posts in one thread page. No hunting around Page 1, 2, etc. Setting in UserCP

• Agree/disagree. I notice that you can add fields in vBulletin. Maybe there’s a way of replicating that feature. I’m fairly sure that’s a big bonus and helps with the flow of the thread. Posters can instantly see if they have support or have over-stepped the mark.
There's no agree/disagree for a post but you can rate a thread - I'll work on this one. Also here you can add / subract reputaion scores.

• Trace topic. Subscribe would have to work much better in vBulletin. List of subscribed threads should be visible with Top 20/50.
Yes, subscribe and the thread gets a little mark on it. You can track these in UserCP

• Black text on white. White on black is very tiring on the eyes. I know that’s part of your design but maybe there’s a way of just having a better scheme in the threads.
Not black on white, but I you can switch between styles, here's the default <click> (http://www.sparkyslider.co.uk/index.php?styleid=1) I'm working on a negative version of the red/black one, which users will be able to choose.

S1OPP
08-03-2006, 14:14
Now that the approve/disapprove feature is up and running, I think I've pretty much addressed all of the requests above.

If you have any more suggestions then please let me know.