PDA

View Full Version : George !

vulcanrog
30-03-2007, 13:48
George is a handsom devil, He's currently laying at my feet keeping them warm, George is a springer spaniel belonging to my wifes boss. They've gone on holiday for 2 weeks so he's staying with us for a few days, He's been left behind & they've taken the new dog with them, George isn't getting on that well with the puppy (cocker spaniel) she doesn't give him any peace so he's lapping up the attention & peace & quiet.

PROBLEM ! I could get very attached to George cos he's such a good dog & VERY affectionate, He's craving 1 to 1 attention. A grooming session earlier turned into a cuddles session.

One thing I haven't missed after losing Blue last May is --- DOG FARTS !
AND he snores like a twat ! That may be because he's a bit overweight he gets spoilt rotten by the ladies at the care home where Nina works, They leave him there often, He had sausage & mash last night ffs ! Boogars asleep under the pooter table twitching & snoring probably dreaming about the walk he had in Tehidy woods this AM, Came home lagged in mud & a laugh on his mush ! Had to hose him down in the back yard & he loved it !

YEP ! Heart strings are twanging !!

Tina
30-03-2007, 13:58
How lovely.

Took me two years to have another, shes Great...
But had to leave her yesterday all day alone, eek.
She had a bloody party without me, riping up paper, b-d cards boxes, chewing my rug, biting threw the iron cable. oh the joys
then she kept attacking me when i tried to clean up.

she's getting to know the route over the field also, as she came insight of the way home she was off like a whippit, bloody hell, i forgot i could run.
i was so glad when i saw her running back as i was knackered.

0h btw shes Missy a 5 month old staffy, she will be attending the C90 events, i have no doubt

Spire
30-03-2007, 14:03
We got our puppy last weekend. Loving playing with him and starting to train him. Hes already learnt his name and to sit on command. Hes even managed a few retrieves for me but he doesnt really know what hes doing yet.

Hes gorgeous but can also be a little minx. Digging out house plants seems to be his favourite game at the moment.

Took him to the vets for his first jab yesterday. I had to keep him on my lap and yes you've guessed it he wee'd on me.

The girls love him to bits and he really missed them playing with him the evening they had a riding lesson.

Oh an Barney is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier (looks like a teddy bear) :)

S1OPP
30-03-2007, 14:06
I was dogsitting my brother's two Staffs this week, mum & pup.

Heart strings twanging full time, I miss my dogs terribly even though it's been 5 years since the last one went.

Sometimes wish my lifestyle was different, so that I could have another, but I couldn't give a dog the time it needs.

Tina
30-03-2007, 14:06
aww, they are great.
missy crys all the way home when we drop the little en off at school.

Tina
30-03-2007, 14:09
Dog sitting is cool mind.
thats the thing isn't it, when we want to go away it will be dogsitter or take her with us.

vulcanrog
30-03-2007, 14:27
top of the intelligence scale of quadrupeds, Heart stealers, George is lovely but too big for us, He's such a quick learner at 4 yrs old, He's a little un disciplined & pulls on a lead, 10 mins on a track in the woods & I had him walking to heel without pulling, he lives in a rural area & walks out with his owners horses but craves personal attention.
losing our westie Blue has left a BIG hole in our lives, 15 yrs is a long time to have a dog as part of the family & I still get tearfull about him, Yeh daft I know but he's irreplaceable. ---------- George has just flopped at my feet again, given me a lick & gone to sleep ! -------- AND FARTED !

von41
30-03-2007, 15:52
they say time is a healer.... well it didn't for me... Jake will be four this year.. the big dopey bugger!! :)

vulcanrog
30-03-2007, 19:47
bugger aint he ? such an easy going dog too VERY easy to get attached to the sod !

Tina
30-03-2007, 20:01
Aww he's gorgeous, give him a love from me.:)

vulcanrog
30-03-2007, 20:21
I was supposed to be making 2 stainless steel brackets to fit spotlights to the bike, Not been done ! I've spent all day with George. No rush for the spots & we're looking forward to taking him to the beach tommorrow. He's got boundless energy not that you'd think that to see him right now crashed out beside me snoring !

Tina
30-03-2007, 21:26
They are lovely dogs.. energy ain't problem for them. i had one as a child..
Henry he was lovely.
very loyal loving dog.. does he go hunting? ah stupid question ignore it

Bikerchickett
30-03-2007, 21:43
What a gorgeous looking dog :yes:

Tina
30-03-2007, 22:25
Mind you first time i took Henry out he pissed up me leg.
i was gob smacked, with his bonding technique

Doc Strange
31-03-2007, 04:20
I'll have to make sure Ms S doesn't see this - whether or not to get a dog when we get back is an ongoing discussion.

She grew up with 'em and I'm keen too, but I'm also concerned about the lifestyle implications - especially foreign travel and taking contracts overseas again.

Really torn over it tbh :cool:

DS

vulcanrog
31-03-2007, 16:25
know exactly how you feel, Having George here has been nice BUT ! It does impinge on your lifestyle, We both miss Blue terribly still but since he left us we've been able to do a lot more which sends me off on a guilt trip !

Today we'd normally have gone out with the bike but we won't leave George on his own, We committed ourselves to having him here so he gets our full attention, He's currenly sleeping under the computer desk ! Where I go he goes ! 100% a mans dog. Boogar's worn me out on the beach today, No end to his energy & loves water dafty sticks his head under !

Ahem ! the 'coff coff' from downstairs means -- "open the tequila" ! LOL OH & he's awoken, Stretched, AND FARTED again ! LOL !!

vulcanrog
31-03-2007, 16:56
can you have with a springer ? too much ! So much fun he'll nick my old ticker at this rate ! LOL !

vulcanrog
01-04-2007, 16:37
back to 'the house' where nina works, We'll likely have him out for a few days till his owners come back but OH BOY ! Hard work or what ? We've just finished hoovering up hair & half of Gwithian beach. He's lovely, But this weekend showed us we can't have another dog yet certainly not a big one like George. I woke up this morning at 0730 with a big brown nose resting on the edge of the bed about 4" away, A tail beating on the floor, Then after I said "Hello George" He leapt onto the bed & got between us rolled on his back & went to sleep ! Cheeky git ! So I got up & made tea took one up for Nina & he was snoring !