PDA

View Full Version : Story time

Spire
27-03-2007, 17:30
Whats your favourite biking tale? Accidents, mishaps, stupid mistakes, outlandish behaviour. Lets hear them all

von41
27-03-2007, 18:57
i like the film....fastest Indian.. brill :)

sexibexi
27-03-2007, 19:06
i could not print the best times. memories are hardto repeat
(plus i'd get locked up. lol)

RonnI
27-03-2007, 19:35
The one when I tried bumping my first bike, tripped, hung on & got dragged 200 yrds down the road until the road ground down to the knee caps & I let go.

The bike then went another 50yrds & saftly lodged itself in a hedge. No damage!

To the bike anyways.....

S1OPP
27-03-2007, 19:57
First time I got my knee down was right in front of a patrol car.

Had my collar felt for that!

Bikerchickett
27-03-2007, 20:19
When i decided to learn to ride a bike i had a trial session.... it was all going fine til i was told to try and change gear by a certain point.

Dunno what i did but i got spat off and ended up being bruised the entire length of the left side of my body !

Took me a year before i got back on a bike again... but i persevered and managed to pass my test :)

Spire
27-03-2007, 20:50
Looking forward to that conversation then

Spire
27-03-2007, 21:00
Where I used to live the main post office was by some traffic lights. If you timed it right you could pull up at a red light post your letter and be ready to set off when the lights turned green.

I pulled up kicked the side stand down and jumped off. The side stand wasnt properly down and the bike fell on top of me trapping me against the kerb. By the time I had crawled out from under it, lifted it up, posted the letter, I had missed the green light. Needless to say I also had an audience watching and laughing

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 21:11
7 up on a c50 :yes:
One on front muddy, one on top of bars, 4 on seat, and one sittin on the number plate bracket.
And yes we came off :yes: flat out at the end of a path, 6 of us escaped by sort of jumping off onto the edge of a field, one did'nt make it and was rescued from having his leg slowly barbied by the zorst :D
Them were the days.

Doc Strange
27-03-2007, 23:59
First time I ever rode a bike. Mate I was buying it off came down to show me over it (Yamaha YB100). And a crowd of other mates came too to sit on the wall and watch. After a 5 min explanation, that was it, I was off.

I proceeded down the road by zigzagging from one kerb to the other pulling small wheelies before getting it in a straight line and disappearing in a cloud of smoke over the hill.

After stalling it when I tried to stop a few hundred yards on, I paddled it round and manged to get it going and returned in a fairly orderly manner - to be met by all my mates running the towards me over the hill convinced I must have come to a bad end!

DS

doyley
28-03-2007, 07:10
Riding back from rugely reservoir, after watching Rossi sit side saddle as ge crossed the finish line, a few years ago, i decided to try it....

Piece of pish, so i then decided to try wheelying side saddle..........bit more difficult but did it, then as i went to get back on, i slipped off the tank at about 50-60mph (i had a fleece on over my leathers and never thought about that fact that it would not grip on the tank).

Somehow i managed to get dragged up the road still hangin onto the bike, held it upright stopped it and got back on and only damage done was to a brand new pair of Sidi's!

vulcanrog
28-03-2007, 11:27
when I was very young I had a Triumph T21, All the kit on it, Swept back pipes, megaphone cans, clip ons, rearsets. I lived near the local bus terminal & left one day noticiing loadsa girlies waiting for the bus, I had to turn left right opposite the bus stop ----- & left my side stand down, At about 25mph I executed a perfect pole vault right in front of the said girlies !

Spire
28-03-2007, 11:30
that one made me smile. Been there done that but I got away with it.

:D

Tina
28-03-2007, 14:37
Ha ha..

Going for my DAS instructor said 'i was riding like a Muppet' so i threw the bike on the floor.

Last years C90.. Riding down the path someone decided to slap there car in reverse as one well knows C90 brakes are not the best.
i ended up on the floor being pushed backwards.. oh what a day.

Bikerchickett
28-03-2007, 19:35
Ha ha..

Last years C90.. Riding down the path someone decided to slap there car in reverse as one well knows C90 brakes are not the best.
i ended up on the floor being pushed backwards.. oh what a day.

*goes a deep shade of red*

You were in my blind spot T ... but pink and yellow look pretty together ;)

Tina
28-03-2007, 19:51
ha ha under back bumper is definitely a blind spot :-o)

yes nice colours to put together :wubwoo:

Bikerchickett
28-03-2007, 19:54
ha ha under back bumper is definitely a blind spot :-o)

yes nice colours to put together :wubwoo:

I'm just glad i did not hurt you or the bike.

Tina
28-03-2007, 19:59
And i am just glad the car wasn't damaged and the pink came off it.

Is funny now.

well they say friends should do everything together :D

all i was worried about was the car and the C90, ffs we hadn't even raced lol'

Big hugs and kisses, sorry i didn't mean to embarrass you, that's why i didn't say any names

Bikerchickett
28-03-2007, 20:25
Tis OK T... i just did not see you, which is no real excuse, and that bloke had just hit the same corner of the car that I hit the C90 with... so all in all a good day .. not.. for me and the car !

;)

x x x x x

Spire
02-04-2007, 16:08
Does this thread gleam enough for you?

sexibexi
02-04-2007, 19:00
when a friend says he would meet me then phones 1hr 30 min later to say he had a flat battery and couldnt get his bike started. all cos he didnt check the bike earlyer.
left me on my own he did.:p

Spire
03-04-2007, 07:16
Back to the arcade with ya.

Anyway she never said sho she was waiting for