PDA

View Full Version : Rossi

S1OPP
26-03-2007, 11:08
I see the boy done good again.

doyley
26-03-2007, 12:03
Damn right, Edwards was impressive to, Pedrosa really isn;t shaping upto be much so far, Hopkins is impressing me as is stoner!

S1OPP
26-03-2007, 12:26
I didn't even see it, just read about it in the paper this morning.

Seems that Rossi lead from (almost) the beginning.

There was a comment from Pedrosa which kind of implied he was happy with second. Guess that's going to be the pattern for the season, unless Rossi breaks down.

doyley
26-03-2007, 12:44
It was quite good, Rossi overtook Pedrosa about halfway through, then stayed there very slowly eeking away from him, very clinical race from Rossi Stoner was 10th/11th for most of the race then suddenly attcked evryone hafway through and ended up 5th!

S1OPP
26-03-2007, 12:54
I guess Stoner's tyres out lasted eveybody elses. The Ducati was never going to be as strong on a track without a 4 mile straight. Still a 5th is a pretty good result for a rookie. I reckon he'll keep either improving slowly or fall off a lot trying to hard.

BALLISTIX
26-03-2007, 13:27
Damn right, Edwards was impressive to, Pedrosa really isn;t shaping upto be much so far, Hopkins is impressing me as is stoner!

Doyley, how do you come to that opinion?

Good to see Edwards show what he can achieve though, when he has the tools in the box.

Spire
26-03-2007, 13:35
To see Rossi out front again. But hope someone can challenge him to make a fight of it with plenty of on track duals?

WTF was the bowling pins celebration about?

doyley
26-03-2007, 13:42
The bowling pins i have no idea!?

Ballistix, Pedrosa, well he's not been spectacular in the first 2 races, as much as he wasn't very spectacular last year!

Hopper is getting a crap bike to go reet good, Stoner is just going well exciting to watch and well Edwards had a good race.

Erm thats pretty much my prognosis on it, and erm thats how i reached the decision previously mentioned in teh above post, i hope this was of interest to you!

S1OPP
26-03-2007, 13:52
I really should try and actually watch one of these races.

pitbulluk
26-03-2007, 15:05
Hopper is my man to watch this year, i really want to see a Suzuki in the winners spot.

I nearly cried when he let go on sunday.

Mind you, he is one strange looking fucker.:yes:

RonnI
26-03-2007, 19:47
Rossi seems juiced this year.
I recon he's going to enjoy winning this year almost as much as his first 500 title way back when.

I'd really like to see Marco & hopper do well this year. But I recon its rossi's title.

Bikerchickett
26-03-2007, 19:59
Hopper is my man to watch this year, i really want to see a Suzuki in the winners spot.

I nearly cried when he let go on sunday.

Mind you, he is one strange looking fucker.:yes:

Yes Dez was almost inconsolable !!

;)

doyley
27-03-2007, 06:53
Dez i;m with ya man, i was gutted when hopper fell off, such a silly mistake as well, he's impressing me!

Pedrosa though i mean, Rossi shoook his hand and he smiled for almost a whole second!

I could forgive his level of non smilyness if he could just do what it is he;s suppsosed to be so good at!

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 10:09
You must try harder Mr D ;)

Hopper is looking good though, and so is the zook, far from shit as you stated.
Shame the vermin seems to be strugglin with it though, expected better tbh.

doyley
27-03-2007, 10:24
Hahahaha!

What took you so long!?

Yea Hopper and suzook look very good, I dont; know what it is abut pedrosa but i can't bring myself to want to watch him you know!

When he went over the grass the other day, he fucked up but still was boring to watch!

S1OPP
27-03-2007, 10:40
I know what you mean about Pedrosa Doyley.

Watching some riders, you know they are busting a gut to make up the time, it's what racers do. Pedrosa never seems to give my that impression.

He's a bit like Alain Prost (old F1), who famously won a F1 Championship with a huge series of 2nd places. His arguement was, it's better to finish than win, which is an odd mentality for a racer.

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 11:03
Well I guess if your a Rossi fanboy, you simply aint gonna like Pedrosa at all, spesh as he's re-writing Rossi's record book for him :yes:

Personally i'm a fan of the racing rather than particular riders (though I do have my favs), the bullshit (politics) behind the scenes although unfair and dodgy at times I find very interesting.

For all the waffle on Eurosport, they miss an obvious point, Tyres :yes:

Tamada = Bridgestone to Michelin and he's gone off the radar.
Nakano = same switch and seems to be struggling.
I remember McCoy did the same?

Stoner on the other hand has gone Mich - Bridge, look at him now, it may be the making of the lad, now look at Melandri.

Pedrosa has already stated that he was not allowed the tyre he wanted to run in Qatar, but surprise, surprise Michelin found a tyre for Rossi to use at jerez, Hmmmmmm.

Remember last year when Yamaha/Burgess/Rossi were in the shit but always found summat for sunday morning?
Try, Michelin making him one off tyres and shipping them out for sunday morning, I wonder how Edwards would have gone if he'd got the tyres too?

S1OPP
27-03-2007, 11:48
I'm not really a fan of any of 'em really, although I do have people I'd rather NOT see win.

I don't really get into the backstage stuff either, I haven't got time.

But I spotted an interesting thing in your post, if you were Michelin and had a choice as to which rider got the tyres they wanted who would you make sure got them.

Cleary they went for Rossi.

So there must be a reason for them making that choice.

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 11:59
I agree S1opp, and it's pretty obvious, saying that, the spanish market is pretty big, but compare with the world market,,,,, well.

What I do detest though is politics in sport, any sport.
Politics ,££££££'s and marketing ruin sport, I find it crap that a tyre supplier 'could' decide the outcome of a world championship.
It's been part of GP's for ages now though, remember the A & B spec tyres of old? you had no chance on the second rate B's.

doyley
27-03-2007, 12:32
None of that is my point, and as being a fan goes my biggest hero is chris walker!

So i don't alway follow the winners, i follow whoever makes watching the sport enjoyable, i can't see what pedrosa brings to the sport in that way!

And you seem to have no interest in politics of teh sport but are happy enough for that to be the reason pedrosa keeps not winning!

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 12:35
LMAO Doyley,,,pub lunch? :p

doyley
27-03-2007, 13:34
Nah answered whilst on phone! lol.

Would you consider yourself a fan of Pedrosa or just someone who don't wanna see Rossi dominate again? This aint; a wind up argument starter, just curious, as i;d like to see Rossi do well in fact win, just cuz if what he brings to the sport, bearing in mind i;m a big fan cuz if the way he was with me when i met him, as i am of Carlos Checa and a few others!

(i got a weeekend at the gp's as guest of randy mamola and Yamaha got to meet loads of them on a 1 to 1 type basis)

S1OPP
27-03-2007, 13:49
personally I'd prefer to see Rossi having to have a few dust ups to win, not just breaking off in front and clearing off.

Not really bothered who he's racing against, just want to enjoy the race.

I seem to remember a few seasons back he would stay back a little and just piss off with a few laps to spare.

BALLISTIX
27-03-2007, 14:25
Doyley, I could write a book to answer that, but I'd only bore you :eek:

In short I admire the Pedrosa work ethic/style, just as I enjoy everything about Rossi and what he has given the sport (except not having the #1 on the bike)

I'm interested in Pedrosas career simply because he has followed in the footsteps of Rossi and is a fantastic talent, ie jumped straight into MGP on a works bike (Rossis 2000 NSR was full works/supported, he was the first rider in a satelite Honda team to get that)

Pedrosa has all the advantages that Rossi had, breaking Rossis records is the result IMO.
It is going to be an immense task for Pedrosa to carry his 125 & 250 record to MGP and carry on re-writing the record books, simply because he has to acheive it on the track against the bloke who set them.

What are your thoughts if you took Rossi out of the picture when Pedrosa came up to MGP Doyley?

It will be a great loss when Rossi moves on, thats a no brainer.

I'm also interested in where Lorenzo will go when he comes up to MGP, cant see it being as Rossis or Pedrosas team mate, so where you think he'll go?

Dovizioso, is my man of the future BTW.