PDA

View Full Version : URGENT ACTION REQUIRED - BY YOU

Spire
28-01-2009, 23:09
Apparently Transport for London are receiving very few comments from motorcyclists about the new London-wide TfL trial of motorcycles in red-route bus lanes.

The latest news is that as part of the evaluation of the scheme 'users views' will be taken into account and 'numbers responding' will play a part in this.

Clearly none of us want to see a situation where 5,000 cyclists have protested and 200 motorcyclists support. It's this kind of thing that would shift the political balance against us.

However, cyclists campaign groups are steadily orchestrating a build up of resistance to the measure, being well organised at grass roots level in the capital and elsewhere. Tfl have already received large numbers of submissions from cyclists, opposing motorcycles in bus lanes.

We risk losing the scheme at the end of the 18 month period unless the motorcycle world demonstrates widespread support for the measure.

So I urge all of you who read this to use to visit the TfL 'user views' website and complete the response form, which will take only about two minutes.

All, if you're a member of any other bikers social networking site, could you start a thread on this? Please also use whatever other avenues for publicity that you have (owners clubs, other social networks, word of mouth, forward this emai, etc).

The cycle lobby groups are motivated and determined. They see denying motorcycles access to bus lanes as a number one key goal. They have a strong and well motivated campaigning local network. They will do all they can to achieve their goal. Unless we respond to this, we risk seeing this hard won concession denied to us after the experimental period has finished.

The TfL scheme is being keenly watched outside London. Failure of the scheme in London will be likely to cripple our chances of getting motorcycles into bus lanes elsewhere.

Web Link = https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/finesandregulations/motorcycleinbuslanes/default.aspx

Archangel
28-01-2009, 23:11
RUG ?

S1OPP
28-01-2009, 23:32
I don't think I've ever had the need for a bus lane.

Shouldn't they be just for busses?

chazhead
29-01-2009, 04:48
I do use them and I did not know about that survey.

Cheers Spire, done.

vfrooom
29-01-2009, 06:42
Also done. It's amazing that pedal cyclists are complaining that motorcyclists are dangerous users of bus lanes. I don't think I've ever seen a motocyclist flout a red light. I see pedal cyclists doing it all the time, especially crossings. F***ing hypocrites.

vfrooom
29-01-2009, 06:46
I wonder how much notice they'll take of those who comment from outside london.

kelcy1
29-01-2009, 07:11
all motorbike rides are fucking uncaring dangerous wankers

see how easy it is to tarnish everyone with the same brush

vfrooom
29-01-2009, 07:19
Zzzzzzzz

bigredsprint
29-01-2009, 10:43
I expect beemer and pan riders need a bus lane to pilot their barges down.

Kenny
29-01-2009, 11:02
What is a bus? Is that what poor people use to get around on?

I think we should keep them in their own lane, outherwise we risk catching poor from them.

595Daytona
29-01-2009, 12:13
I don't live in London, so I don't give a flying farooq about TfL's plans.

kelcy1
29-01-2009, 12:22
i couldnt give a donkeys dick about london either

Kenny
29-01-2009, 14:26
We've never been allowed to ride in bus lanes here, so stop your crying you fucks!

Oh and the lycra clad brigade have fuck all better to do with their time so they will kick your arse.

vfrooom
29-01-2009, 15:59
THE POINT IS -

A lot of other cities are considering whether to allow motorbikes in their bus lanes and will look to London's 'experience'. If the trial is discontinued in London, then other cities probably won't progress.

I also wish London would just fall down the great big sewer it's becoming, however....

numbskull
29-01-2009, 16:23
London rocks.

S1OPP
29-01-2009, 16:30
The bus lanes in Brum are only in operation during rush hours, monday to friday.

Bikes aren't allowed to used them anyway (I think), so regardless of what happens in 'that london' I can't see it making much difference.

Dodgyhaircut
29-01-2009, 16:31
Bus lanes have also been bike & cycle lanes all over Bristol for years and there are no plans to change this.

London can kiss my smelly pulsating penis.

vfrooom
29-01-2009, 16:40
I see what was left of the spirit of ND is somewhere else these days.

bigredsprint
29-01-2009, 18:08
momo's are dangerous enough without riding them amongst those big nasty busses. No, better off staying out in the road well away from the bus lanes.

Archangel
29-01-2009, 20:34
I never needed to use bus lanes. Don't see why anyone should.

adobiker
29-01-2009, 20:37
i thought the idea of a momo was to filter between cars whilst doing 60+ and shouting 'of course its big and clever you cunts' ffs!

bus lanes are hardly a challenge to the modern-day momorist !

adobiker
29-01-2009, 20:52
i once defied death from an oncoming caravan/4x4 combo by leaning on the bonnet of a caravan/4x4 combo that i was overtaking at the time....

give me shitting my pants to the brim over a bus lane anyday !

bigredsprint
29-01-2009, 21:20
once forgot meself on my quad and went for a momo sized gap the smell of rubber smoke and cack was appalling.

S1OPP
29-01-2009, 21:23
If one day I am riding my bike and find myself wishing I could be zipping along the empty bus lane, I will assume I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.