Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding 100+......

1. Sounds like a result to me - I got 6 months ban and £250 fine, and that was nearly 20 years ago

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Rider View Post
    Sounds like a result to me - I got 6 months ban and £250 fine, and that was nearly 20 years ago

bloody hell grim!!

£250 fine..

had me a tug back in the 80's "run with a mad lot from nott's" we all got a pull at the same time, well 3 of us did,

50 in a 30 zone.. was a good job the speed trap was only about 200 yards from the traffic lights where we blasted off from..

anyway we got nicked on the old system think it was £1 per mile over the speed limit..

we got 3 endorsements + £20 fine + £25 costs = £45

bare in mind we were only on about £70 a week

hells bells grim what speed was you doing to get £250 ?

i know most 1000cc bikes topped out around 140mph back then with the exception of a few... one comes to mind "Bill Hunters GSXR1100 turbo" he used to run with us at times...

luckily he won't with us that night

3. I suppose you're lucky overall.

I got 3 points for a 40/30 which I would have contested but a solicitor said there was no chance of avoiding speeding tickets - although if you deliberately shoplift you get to sign a piece of paper promising you won't do it again

A nurse who stole a dying man's wallet from his bedside cabinet got a 3 month suspended sentence.

You and I have points on our licences for 3 feckin years!

Images

para....

think it's 4 years now... valid for 3.. but can't have them removed for 4..

just had it back today from court ... it's wrote in ink (Biro)... so i take it the DVLA never had it...

go figure

5. i did got done in 2000 for 101mph on the m5 by stroud got 5days and £100 fine , took my dad with me he was a magistrate so new all the rules , 5 days included the day at the court . just proves its who you know . law enforcements a joke

Images

well done mikey...

under 60 days.... they don't even mark your licence for that.... you got off Scot free..

sept the 100 quid.... nice one

7. yeah i think so it also had no effect on me at all because it was november so not much rideing , the 5 days included the day i was in court and i get picked up for work . they even said i could pay fine weekly

8. Looks like you got the same punishment as me. See you in 2011 for another rideout :~

Images
    Hi norfolk....

i can do steady.... well for the next four years anyway..