not being nosey or oat!!

but has anyone else had a demanding bill from the "H M revenue & customs" ?

well i have.. and it's so over the top!! I've phoned the "chiseling feckers" up..

here is the convo;

Me.. afternoon..
--------------

Him.. hello.. name..date of birth.. national insurance number..address etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tell him..
----------

Him.. right what can i help you with..
-------------------------------------

me.. it's about this over the top bill that has landed...
------------------------------------------------------

Him.. and what is wrong with the sum of money
----------------------------------------------
me..your establishment sent out forms way back in 02 and asked me to fill the forms in witch i did with all the information on from my P60 and returned to you... after witch i received a reply from yourselves to state what entitlements i would receive in April 03 when it starts... with me so far feller..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Him.. er yes. what bank did we send the money to ?
------------------------------------------------
me.. BANK!! you did not send to bank it was paid to my wagers from the company i was working for...
----------------------------------
Him.. Ho right
--------------
me..look about this bill.. i know how much you paid me per week (from your calculations not mine) from April 03 to Aug 03 witch is 4 months and it's your cock up not mine... so what i won't to know is how dose £1,248 become £1994.36 still out standing ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
him.. er well you have managed to get your over payment from £3,668 down to £1,994.36...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
me.. where dose £3,668 come from ? ..who have you paid that sum to ?.. (at this point I'm feeling a bit pissed off).. look mate i know what you have paid me and i can prove that i have not received any money since Aug 03 you do have the ability to calculate £78 x 16 = 4 months do you not!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
him.. er.. well it seems you have a case.. but i can't help you as I'm a help line
so I'll send you out a another form for you to fill in.. and our investigation team will look into it..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ho Boy is life simple... NOT!!

have you all had this problem or is it just me ?