Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ACTION REQUIRED - BY YOU

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED - BY YOU

Apparently Transport for London are receiving very few comments from motorcyclists about the new London-wide TfL trial of motorcycles in red-route bus lanes.

The latest news is that as part of the evaluation of the scheme 'users views' will be taken into account and 'numbers responding' will play a part in this.

Clearly none of us want to see a situation where 5,000 cyclists have protested and 200 motorcyclists support. It's this kind of thing that would shift the political balance against us.

However, cyclists campaign groups are steadily orchestrating a build up of resistance to the measure, being well organised at grass roots level in the capital and elsewhere. Tfl have already received large numbers of submissions from cyclists, opposing motorcycles in bus lanes.

We risk losing the scheme at the end of the 18 month period unless the motorcycle world demonstrates widespread support for the measure.

So I urge all of you who read this to use to visit the TfL 'user views' website and complete the response form, which will take only about two minutes.

All, if you're a member of any other bikers social networking site, could you start a thread on this? Please also use whatever other avenues for publicity that you have (owners clubs, other social networks, word of mouth, forward this emai, etc).

The cycle lobby groups are motivated and determined. They see denying motorcycles access to bus lanes as a number one key goal. They have a strong and well motivated campaigning local network. They will do all they can to achieve their goal. Unless we respond to this, we risk seeing this hard won concession denied to us after the experimental period has finished.

The TfL scheme is being keenly watched outside London. Failure of the scheme in London will be likely to cripple our chances of getting motorcycles into bus lanes elsewhere.

Web Link = https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers...s/default.aspx

Images
    Blog Entries
    RUG ?

I don't think I've ever had the need for a bus lane.

Shouldn't they be just for busses?

Images
    Blog Entries
    I do use them and I did not know about that survey.

Cheers Spire, done.

Also done. It's amazing that pedal cyclists are complaining that motorcyclists are dangerous users of bus lanes. I don't think I've ever seen a motocyclist flout a red light. I see pedal cyclists doing it all the time, especially crossings. F***ing hypocrites.

Comments on this post
    Bikerchickett agrees:
    Last edited by vfrooom; 29-01-2009 at 06:45.

I wonder how much notice they'll take of those who comment from outside london.

all motorbike rides are fucking uncaring dangerous wankers

see how easy it is to tarnish everyone with the same brush

Comments on this post
    numbskull agrees:

Zzzzzzzz

I expect beemer and pan riders need a bus lane to pilot their barges down.

10. What is a bus? Is that what poor people use to get around on?

I think we should keep them in their own lane, outherwise we risk catching poor from them.