PDA

View Full Version : coincidence or not

scorps
04-03-2007, 10:28
so Tim Stewart says something along the lines of "hey chaps this new mcn website is a pile of crap people arent going to like this at all" then is made redundant.

S1OPP
04-03-2007, 10:35
It's probably not a coincidence. If TS is (was) the kind of chap that would speak up rather than sing the MCN song, then I guess it was just another nail in his coffin.

In his defence though, he was spot on.

The thing with the website isn't about liking it. People don't like change, but given time they get used to it and accept it.

There are plenty of things 'wrong' with the new website, the layout is better than it was - but the appearance is awful, there are three or four differen't fonts on some pages. The red white and blue looks like Autotrader not MCN.

There are dozens of things that just don't work in the forum but the most worrying is that they have allowed the use of html in posts.

I'm kind of glad I don't use MCN anymore, but have sympathy for those that do / did.

von41
04-03-2007, 10:56
anyone :mad:

Spire
04-03-2007, 11:20
Isnt a scapegaot. They have made about 30 redundant and are being allowed to apply for about 10 jobs. Tim already has interviews elsewhere so I doubt he will stick around to be crapped on from a great height.:mad:

Just a shame that the powers that be havent listened to him and the others that have built up the boards over the years.

Whoever signed that pile of crap off needs to be shot. And as S1opp said it is down right dangerous. It needs to be pulled and re-launched when its truly ready. Not that they will cos two many people will have too much to lose.

chazhead
04-03-2007, 11:26
EMAP are in all sorts of shit aint they, offered profit warnings and all that stuff. They have got in that management consultancy...can't rememebr the name...laying people off would be high on the list to reduce baseline cost.