PDA

View Full Version : MCN....site..

von41
02-03-2007, 19:02
well they have done it...... yep totally buggered it up this time..:mad: ... s1oop you couldn't go sort them clowns out... could ya.... you did a good job here didn't you...

Archangel
02-03-2007, 19:54
Von.

Aren't Dan and Angus preparing a brand new site for MCN ?

This is just the beginning of the end of the old one, I think.

von41
02-03-2007, 20:36
it truly saddens me.... but it may be the beginning of the END of MCN.. i've told them that they are CLOWNS... go see the site.. it's truly pants.. Archie you can see moss grow.. for the time it takes to load..

S1OPP
03-03-2007, 08:21
It's not the first time it's happened.

A lot of the people on Noddingdogs are ex-MCN, after months of problems, the promised a new board. The new board was delivered, but it was as slow as the old one, covered in ads and went wrong a lot.

Then they started censoring the posts and everybody kind of just left.

Same will happen, the regulars will drift off and new folks will fill their places. Just a shame the don't seem to see that as a bad thing.

von41
03-03-2007, 09:21
yer i see your point....and I'm beginning to see that all MCN are interested in is money and ways of gathering funds for their pot.. trouble with me is that i only started using computers back in 01 and stumbled on to MCN in 02.. yes it was fast.. to fast for me, so i did not get involved in the split between the old MCN'ers who moved over to nodding dogs.. (not going to open old wound's there) thats there beef.. bugger sorry for that.. as you can see I'm so pissed off at MCN... you may be right, it's prolly time for a move ?

S1OPP
03-03-2007, 09:46
The old-old MCN website was a fantastics site.

Except for it having the odd go-slow. In fact Sparky Slider only came about because you couldn't post pictures on MCN.

It all started going down hill after they changed it, MCN never really listened to what anybody wanted, and the site just got slower. On top of that each page seemed to be 50% adverts.

Once the threads started getting edited or deleted people just stopped bothering and found other places.

I'm looking at the MCN site now, and I can see that they have made some improvements, there doesn't appear to be so many adverts, and outside of the forums they seems to have done a good job.

Trouble is, it's the forums that get people going back day after day, and if that doesn't get fixed MCN will lose a lot of visitors. Like I said though, it'll only be short term, as new people with just assume that it's always been like that and accept it.

von41
03-03-2007, 10:22
i see your point about..."I'm looking at the MCN site now, and I can see that they have made some improvements, there doesn't appear to be so many adverts, and outside of the forums they seems to have done a good job."

but for me and many more.... it was the forum that was the biggie.. that's were we plan runs and chat. over the years i and many others have built a rapore with each other... sad as it may seem to some.. but my home has been turned upside down... dam i feel low and need somewhere to go.. maybe send a e-mail off to jason and ask if i can chainge my log in name on ND ? or even try and bring some frends here..

what you think s1oop ?

S1OPP
03-03-2007, 11:03
I know exactly what you're saying, we all felt the same when it happened the first time.

SeanW has posted on MCN saying that the bugs are going to be ironed out, so it might turn out OK in the end.

You're more than welcome to invite as many people as you like to post on here, it costs me the same to run no matter how much it gets used.

Or come over to ND, however ND is an 'acquired taste' and not many people stick it out for long.

von41
03-03-2007, 11:58
yer 12 months on and still feel like a newbie there.... always a good well come though..... Ha Ha Ha (was a joke) btw ;) funny lot ain't they.. mind things mite change once the C90 racers start and they get to know me better.. like the saying.. "you can like some of the people some times but not all the people all the time".... on that note, I think I'll stay here for a while and post some stuff, maybe atract some new & old frends in here ?

S1OPP
03-03-2007, 12:12
The 'thing' about ND that a lot of people seem not to understand is that all the regulars there know each other very well, in real life too, not just in cyber space.

You're spot on though, after the first C90 race people will be able to put names to faces. Not saying the welcome will be any different though! lol

Post away, it's be good to get some posts outside the C90 stuff on here. And if there's anything you think needs changing, improving or just removing - just let me know.

parapanfan
03-03-2007, 16:50
The new MCN site has all the charm and sophistication of the Daily Star

I may not return.

S1OPP
03-03-2007, 16:57
I hardly ever use MCN anymore, but having scanned the 'new' site today it looks more thrown together than ever.

I find it hard to believe that a commercial website could be published in such a state, somebody is getting paid for that - and probably paid a tidy sum too.

von41
03-03-2007, 17:03
para.. glad you came over :)

paulzxr
03-03-2007, 17:11
hi von & para, what a total mess on the 'other ' site, glad i joined this one, so much easier to use

von41
03-03-2007, 17:34
paulzxr... enjoy, my black cloud is drifting off.. I'm starting to Cheer up :)

parapanfan
03-03-2007, 18:19
I'll get the round in - before the rest of 'em get here and it gets too expensive :D

von41
03-03-2007, 18:25
passers over the crisps un mixed nuts :)

parapanfan
03-03-2007, 18:35
Y'know - I'm really looking forward to the Ace Run.

I always wanted to go there and now I've got a good excuse - I just hope that chunk from 5th Gear isn't there.

So far it looks as if I'll be travelling alone. Akey's got summat on and obviously now I can't contact any of the peeps who might be coming from this area ( Cheshire ) - unless there's a mass migration before we go.

von41
03-03-2007, 18:56
I'm sure that he won't be there... it's classic British bike day at the ace on Sunday 8th of April..... the offer of meeting us at JK24 M1 south bound slip road around 09.15 still stands..

parapanfan
03-03-2007, 19:03
Whereabouts is J24?

I was planning on M6, M6 toll ( breakfast at Norton Canes ) and then on to M1 and Gatford Wap in time for the meet there 10 ish I believe.

von41
03-03-2007, 19:06
is at the end of the A50 nr Kegworth..

parapanfan
03-03-2007, 19:17
I drove to Nottingham to do a course a couple of months ago but I can't remember how long it took - I'll ask one of my colleagues who was with me on the day.

There's a lot less M-way going that way, but at least I get a breakfast going the route I've worked out :)

von41
03-03-2007, 19:42
give me chance and I'll see if i can come up with a plan.. remember there's nothing that can't be sorted... there's still time to plan and arange a meet point for us east mids lot.. and try and bring a cafe into it for us to have a cuppa & a sarnie.....:)

chazhead
04-03-2007, 06:39
Blimey, just had a proper go at trying to navigate round the forums over on MCN. It's proper shafted aint it.

Methnks they need to get that sorted sharpish or they is fooked with the regulars.

parapanfan
04-03-2007, 06:50
No need to go overboard, I was thinking of leaving about 6:00 (realistic6:30) so I'll have plenty of time to get over there.

Google maps quotes 21/4 hours but makes no allowance for 'making progress' it also says it takes 32 minutes to cover the first 10 miles!

I would think that early on a Bank Holiday Sunday the roads should be clear enough.

If I remember right the A50 is infested with scammeras, but even so I should be able to get there in time.

My other route reckons on around 3 hrs to Watford, and the meet there is at 10ish.

As you can tell I'm still undecided as yet. :confused:

von41
04-03-2007, 06:59
the last time we were on it (September) i did not see any till we got to STOKE.. but the sneaky buggers may have put some up since ?

parapanfan
04-03-2007, 07:02
In 2005 I rode back from Leicester and the road was snying with 'em - thought it was the A50

von41
04-03-2007, 07:11
the A50 from leicester to JK22 M1 is.... but A50 from JK24 M1 to stoke is not :)