PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Turkish Taxis

Gwydion Forge
28-06-2006, 14:33
grumble...grumble...bitch bitch bitch....

well that about sums up my atitude lately.

About 3 weeks ago...one day before i got on a plane for Texas (i hate texas, almost as much as i hate Turkey) a taxi driver was following me home from the store where i had purchased some dog food for my lovely poochies and some provisions for a mate of mine who was going to look after the freindly canines while i was sweating in Texas.

All went well, untill i went to unlock the door and heard my precious CBR 600 hit the floor of the garage! The twat had reversed so far up my drive that he backed into the opening of the car-port/garage and hit my bike on the exhaust knocking it forward off the sidestand. It hit the concrete so hard it cracked the alternator cover and started bleeding oil!

Now 3 weeks later I finally got some good news from the insurance company...after arguing with them for an entire week! The checks in the mail...i wont hold my breath but at least it is on its way.

one good thing, my missus is in England visitin her family so I get to work on the Bike in the air conditioned house watching football!

<note the moggy on guard duty...poxy dogs are asleep in the bedroom> ...hmm possibly not...evidently this message board is smarter than I am...i uploaded the picture and now cant find it, hopefully it will be there when it is done <grin>

Noodle
28-06-2006, 16:21
Rug?

S1OPP
28-06-2006, 20:50
Oh dear, oh dear.

Hope you get the bike sorted before the mrs gets back.

Glad you got the unsurance to cough up too.

Dunno where the picture went though.

Gwydion Forge
04-07-2006, 09:41
Ok...so i am a little thick somtimes, how do u get an attachment to stick? and where so i post a pic so i can have a URL to insert?

I might be a bit confused, but i know which end of a hammer to use to get my fairing off <grin>

Drew

S1OPP
04-07-2006, 12:38
When you're typing in a message, there's a paperclip icon.

Click it and either upload the attachment from your PC or from a URL.

Click the 'upload' button and you're done.

If there's a problem, like too big or wrong file type it will say so.

Then close that window and carry on with posting the message.

If you attach one image it will appear in the message, if you attach more than one you'll see a link for each one and you'll only see the images if you click the links.

or if you wanted to go advanced you could go to the Gallery and post it in Members Galleries, if you don't already have an album created it will create one for you.

Let me know if you have a problems.

S1OPP

Gwydion Forge
06-07-2006, 13:51
ok, uploaded the pic and closed the window...now wish me luck!

By the way, anyone know where i can get a digital haynes or clymer manual for my bike so i can fit my fork seals?

Drew

Noodle
06-07-2006, 14:19
The furry devils get everywhere!

Gwydion Forge
07-07-2006, 06:07
I have been trying to train her to clean the dust off the bike...so far all she does is clean the dust off my boots...by tripping me whilst walking!

S1OPP
07-07-2006, 09:01
ha ha ha ha,

Turkey must be a dust bowl.

and, your chain needs lubing!! :) (don;t blame the cat for that!)

Gwydion Forge
09-07-2006, 11:24
Turkey is definatly a dustbowl, it gets everywhere. Even with the A/C on and cleaning the filter every week the house requires constant dusting, i have been thinking of fitting a windscreen wiper & washer to the Telly to keep it clean.

Not only that but they made the roads with marble in the concrete & blacktop. I live just outside a large city (Adana) and the traffic polishes the roads to a super-slick finish. You combine that with the dust that covers everything and you get burnouts without holding the brakes! Acceleration anywhere near peak torque just makes the back end dance. It is very difficult to get the front up cause the back just slips & forget trying to get a knee down on a roundabout. At first i wondered how the Turkish bikers dealt with it, then I followed one through the city and saw they only get on it when the bike is fully upright. We took one twisty road next to the lake and i was riding up on them in every corner and holding off the throttle on the exits to keep from overtaking! He said I was nutz!

As for the chain...getting proper lube is not easy here we got 1 can to share with 3 bikers! I got to find that shop the Turk took me toagain and get some more.