PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Team Managers: How To Donate Your Cash

biker_spice
20-05-2007, 21:41
ALL TEAM MANAGERS MUST READ AND TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

C90 Racing Sponsorship: here’s how it works

The main purpose of NDC90 Racing is to raise money for our charity and have a ball along the way.

Having a ball is easy, raising money isn’t actually that hard. Keeping track of it, however, can be tricky, unless you follow these guidelines to the letter.

In 2007, we want to be able to account for every penny raised by all your hard work and pain – especially the pain bit.

So team managers…please take the time to read this and pass on the information to anyone in your team who should be aware of it.

1. As treasurer, I run a Nodding Dogs bank account with Lloyds TSB. Into this will go all cash raised from the raffles, auctions and collections. It can also be used for those of you who raise sponsorship money, simply by sending a cheque made out to me, N. Heffernan. It will go into the account and sit there earning interest until the season is over.

You can also pay money directly into this account either in person at your local Lloyds TSB branch or you can transfer funds by phone or internet banking. E-mail me for account details.

When this is done, you MUST identify yourself in some way, so that I can clearly see on the statements who has paid in what.

I cannot emphasise enough just how important this is to keeping a clear record of accounts.

Do not assume I will just know or remember, do not force me to chase around trying to find out who has paid in some cash from The Woolwich in Stoke. I just don’t have the time, OK?

2. By entering a team for the championship, you have committed yourself to raising a minimum of £300 in sponsorship money. This is not a lot between 10 or so people, as you can see by reading the 2006 accounts at www.ndc90racing.co.uk. We confidently expect teams to raise much more. (That’s a veiled threat, OK?)

- You can send any such money to me, to be paid into the above charity account.
- You can send cheques made out to Fragile X and I will pass them on.
- You can send money directly to Fragile X – this may appeal to some companies as they can claim tax relief on it.

You can do any of the above at any time during the season, but remember: The minimum amount of £300 must reach me or the charity within one month of the last race on September 8th 2007.

And should you choose to send money direct, you absolutely must let me know the amount, when it was sent and which team you are in. If I don’t know about it, I can’t record it and your team will suffer.

3. Finally…if you have any queries about any of this, talk to me. E-mail me at the address below. Do not post questions on MCN, ND or Sparkyslider, I may miss them. Do not bother any other committee member with them, it’s not their area of concern, it’s mine.

The reason for all this is simple: to ensure that what you, as a team, raise for charity is properly recorded and recognised.

If you stick to the above, it will be.

And 2007 will be a year to remember.

Thank you all.

Nicola Heffernan (biker_spice)
Treasurer, NDC90 Racing

E-mail: biker@spice.eclipse.co.uk
Mobile: 07710 650146

Archangel
20-05-2007, 21:54
Well said, Spice.

Team Managers - listen up and do as the Evil Heff says !

Or I come and kill you.

It's that simple.

Archie,
Ex-Treasurer, NDC90 Racing

Archangel
20-05-2007, 22:01
Spice...

I suggest you post this on ND and on MCN ?

Bikerchickett
20-05-2007, 22:06
I have told Tina about it.

von41
20-05-2007, 22:13
dose it have to be a manager ?

can't i submit the money raised by me and Craig straght to the bank account that spice as set up ?

E-mail time..

Bikerchickett
20-05-2007, 22:20
dose it have to be a manager ?

can't i submit the money raised by me and Craig straght to the bank account that spice as set up ?

E-mail time..

I think you can Von... just let Spicey the amount and that it was from you

von41
20-05-2007, 22:31
I think you can Von... just let Spicey the amount and that it was from you

Ta Mand.. I'll do that.. me & Craig will be collecting well in the excess of £200
so would prefer to lob into bank account direct..

i will E-mail spice with my intention as our manager is not always available..

Bikerchickett
20-05-2007, 22:37
Ta Mand.. I'll do that.. me & Craig will be collecting well in the excess of £200
so would prefer to lob into bank account direct..

i will E-mail spice with my intention as our manager is not always available..

It wont be a problem as long as she knows which team the money has come from :)

Archangel
20-05-2007, 22:40
Von.

As Mandy says, yes you can do what you suggest.

The reason for the detailed post is that in past seasons, money has been raised and sent without the treasurer, (me then, Spice now) being aware of who raised it.

And also without the charity knowing that it came as a result of the NDC90 Racing initiative.

So, any certificate from the charity acknowledging funds raised would be less than the true amount.

Y'see ?

Just make sure you let Spice know how much and from whom it comes and all will be fine.

von41
20-05-2007, 23:10
OK... i understand..

I'll make it easy for spice.. i like simplicity see.. :)

Archangel
20-05-2007, 23:12
Ye-eeess.

I rather thought you would...-)

Bikerchickett
20-05-2007, 23:13
*giggles and retires*

von41
20-05-2007, 23:18
......:d

S1OPP
21-05-2007, 06:58
Von,

Each team has committed to raise at least £300 for Charity (it's in the rules), any money you donate directy to the C90 bank account needs to be recorded against your team's contribution.

Unless of course you are confident that your team will breeze the £300 target.

It might seem like the long way around but it might be better if the money you raise is co-ordinated by your team.

S1OPP

von41
21-05-2007, 08:06
s1opp...

the sponsorship forms will act as a record to the amounts of money collected
by team members, which can be handed in to a appointed person, who then can hand them into spice for her records...

however.. the money collected could go straight into the account that spice as set up... and gain some interest..

that said I'll go with the flow on this i have no intention of buggering things up,

in my part I'll keep things simple... (like me) ;)

biker_spice
21-05-2007, 09:27
I don't care who pays the money in, as long as I'm told which team it's from. If I'm not given a name, I will just record it against 'Team Anon'.

The post was addressed to team managers in the hope that they would cascade the information to their team members. (S1opp was sending out some final info to team managers including a link to this thread.)

von41
21-05-2007, 19:54
Apologies spice... will leave it with the manager to sort..

Archangel
21-05-2007, 21:34
Haha.

Spice told Von off.

Bikerchickett
21-05-2007, 21:39
Haha.

Spice told Von off.

Tee hee... but i dont think Von's team manager logs in here.... so he is as good as one :D

von41
21-05-2007, 22:21
Archie.. I'll take bollockings etc.. I'm used to that :)

see some of us have been busy with stuff.... and the rest have sat on there backsides.... abysmal turn out on team meet 3 members me, Akey, max.. not a total waste of time though.. did give out sponsorship forms.. (Managers job so I'm told ;) ) Ahem!!

Mandy is right... with tiamo not being here some one has to keep the ball rolling... or maybe i should just sit back and do jack shit ?

PS.. have taken delivery of generator 5.0 110v & 230v will crack the bugger up tomorrow.. and stick it up the rear of the team... :)

Bikerchickett
21-05-2007, 22:31
i think you should be honorary team manager Von :D

von41
21-05-2007, 22:54
nar.... they'd do me head in...:)

Bikerchickett
21-05-2007, 22:57
nar.... they'd do me head in...:)

but you are doing it already Von !

von41
21-05-2007, 23:12
but you are doing it already Von !

i can't help it.... I've been committed since the off way back last year collecting bits, prepping stuff, having bits made, etc..

keeping up to date with stuff.. asking stuff..

and now 4 days before round one, i have a look on MCN and find them talking about overhauls... unbelievable.. :confused:

von41
21-05-2007, 23:40
Von,

Unless of course you are confident that your team will breeze the £300 target.

S1OPP

well to date the money pledged to me so far.. from collecting at work via the sponsorship forms is.... £151.00

but i still have some more folks to see yet...

and Craig as got.... £114.00 just off the morning shift, I've give him two more sponsorship forms for the afters & nights crew...

we may meet the £300 mark..

Bikerchickett
22-05-2007, 08:10
well to date the money pledged to me so far.. from collecting at work via the sponsorship forms is.... £151.00

but i still have some more folks to see yet...

and Craig as got.... £114.00 just off the morning shift, I've give him two more sponsorship forms for the afters & nights crew...

we may meet the £300 mark..

Wow, well done Von.... and you still have til September to go as well :D

von41
22-05-2007, 08:36
September!! it will be in the account before then.. :)

Archangel
22-05-2007, 15:57
Early days, Von.

I can tell you from experience that once people have spent a day at an NDC90 round, their enthusiasm for raising money goes thru the roof.

S1OPP
22-05-2007, 16:41
and now 4 days before round one, i have a look on MCN and find them talking about overhauls... unbelievable.. :confused:

Von, once of the reasons I offered to setup a forum for your team on here is that, in the beginning, we found it very difficult to keep everybody in the team up to date with what everybody else has been doing.

The threads on other forums just seem to disappear into the general chit chat that goes on.

After they've raced at Round 1, you'll find everybody has a renewed enthusiasm and wants to do it all again every weekend.

akey_uk
22-05-2007, 16:57
I vote for von as the second in command and therefore honarary(sp) team manager :p

von41
22-05-2007, 18:09
early days indeed.... I'm now up to £190.00 pledged at work... CRACKING!!

s1opp.. and that is what whined's me up... you set it up.. and they don't use it...

thanks for your vote of confidence Akey.. but I've only said what some may think... and it's about time some of the team got off there back sides!!!

whoops new thread....:eek: