PDA

View Full Version : convenient puncture !

vulcanrog
30-04-2007, 10:24
today I went to wash the bike & found the back tyre flat, BUGGER ! was my first thought, On looking round the tyre I find a nail in it so I'm a little pissed off ---- To start with !

Further thoughts made me realise this is the best ever way to have a puncture instead of at 70 mph on a busy road, On the plus side both tyres are close to the wear indicators, The MOT is due in August so it would have been getting new boots in June/July anyway so I've ordered 2 tyres & a tube for fitting on Wednesday, A happier chappie now, Not able to go to the bike meet tommorrow night but hey ! It might rain ? Paington bike fest coming up 4th 5th 6th May & we can go with new boots on !

ANOTHER plus to the convenient puncture is --- We got a new girl started at work, Nice enough, A shift leader, My current shift leader, My watch mates (lesbian) life partner, She's bike mad & nagged for a ride so I took her out for a short ride while on watch last week. She was buzzing & I thought "ok that's that done & dusted" NOPE ! She wants more & it's irritating the shit outa me. Get yer own bike girls ! this bugger's mine ! So the puncture's convenient right now cos we finish our 5 week stint with her this week. Never thought I'd be happy(ish) about a puncture ! LOL !

von41
30-04-2007, 18:58
Hay! vulc.. int that the one that's always teasing ya...;)

S1OPP
30-04-2007, 19:34
Probably the only time a puncture puts a smile on your face, only problem is she knows it'll be fixed by the time she sees you again. :)

paulzxr
01-05-2007, 06:54
dont forget when you get your tyres done, STAY WITH THEM, dont end up in a predicament like i did at easter

vulcanrog
01-05-2007, 16:28
for sure I'll be staying with the bike ! I trust em not one inch. Gotta limp it in for 10:30 tommorrow I'll be strapping my foot pump on the back seat, It's about 8 miles to the Kawasaki centre I've left the nail in & pumped it up once it took an hour to go flat so should make it, They phoned today to say the tyres were in BUT they'd been sent a Harley back tyre for the front, It's gonna be replaced by 09:00 tommorrow, HONEST !

Yeh the 'lady' at work , I'm going to have to be blunt with her my bikes not for doing pleasure trips for others it's for me & Nina, She's --- ahem --- A little larger than Nina & my drivers back rest position is set to suit us both & I have a distinct recallection of it being pushed forward into my back & my nuts into the tank !