PDA

View Full Version : totally pissed off......

von41
19-04-2007, 21:21
after waiting for two months for me parts... i get them today... fly screen brill bolted straight on.. no problem... now the shitter!! ..rear hugger.. colour coded Jobey... so i take the chain Gard and exhaust off first to expose the swing arm.. then free up the rear brake hose off the swing arm by way of prising up the two alloy lugs.... jobs a good un... next i fit the four rubber grommets un spacers to the hugger.. then i marry up the hugger to the swing arm and check that the chain side bolt holes are correct and line up.. yep brill.. i now go to other side to see where the fixing bracket will wont to be... yep it needs to be just behind one of the alloy lugs that holds the brake hose.. so i carefully take the hugger off and set about putting the bracket assembly on the swing arm... it's a tight fit but i manage to get it on without any damage to swing arm or bracket assembly.... now the bit that as set me off on a swearing spree... i show up the hugger to the locating holes on the chain side yep that's OK... i go around other side.... the fekin holes on the hugger don't match up to the bracket... the bracket points the other way to the holes on the hugger... it don't fit.. looking at the instructions I've just noticed that the hugger they have sent me is for a 96-2002.. I'm gunner give them hell tomorrow... the bistards!!!:mad:

Bikerchickett
19-04-2007, 21:35
Awwwwwwww, you give them more than hell... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

von41
19-04-2007, 21:44
Awwwwwwww, you give them more than hell... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

apologies for the rant mand..... have just checked the e-mail i sent um...

and clearly i told um that it's a K5 model... I'm now having a victor meldrow moment..... < I DON'T BELEVE IT!!!!! >

feckin dum shits.....

Bikerchickett
19-04-2007, 21:47
Rants are definitely allowed :)

von41
19-04-2007, 22:28
level head time..... what you recon ? phone them up.. tell them what's happened see if they will resolve the problem..

huggers should bolt straight on shouldn't they ?

Bikerchickett
19-04-2007, 22:46
Yep go for it... mind you i think mine is actually fitted on with cable ties !!

Spire
20-04-2007, 05:47
They aint sent the right goods. At very least they have to refund you but should be keen to replace it pronto

vulcanrog
20-04-2007, 08:16
send em back give em shit !

Had similar with my VN, Kawasaki did a lightbar complete with spots & turnlights, £320 ! I said bugger that & have been looking for an alternative for ages, Sent for a couple & "yes this fits an 03 VN1500 classic fi" did any of them ? did they f**k as like so I thought 'bite the bullet' & went to the local kwak shop to order the grossly overpriced lightbar "it's gone down in price Rog" said John in parts dept "but they don't make it anymore" BUGGER !

I'm now messing about with kuryakyn mini spots & P clamps hoping they'll get enough purchase on the original lightbar that's on it BUT is shaped in such a way there's not much of a straight bit on it to allow use of clamps I think, We'll see when the selection of clamps arrive !

F**kin suppliers ! Rhymes with liars !

von41
20-04-2007, 19:06
had a chat to the feller this morning.... told him what the problem is... he tells me "we sell thousands of them" and the 1200 never has a problem with fitting of the hugger they bolt straight on.... OK i said I'll have another try at fitting the hugger.. and this time I'll take a photo to show the problem that i have.. so this time i have put the long part of the fixing bracket on the hugger first then placed the hugger on swing arm located the lug holes on the chain side then gone around other side and put one bolt on the bracket that clamps it to the swing arm.... right now at this point the hugger is straight and looks good.. BUT!! the hole at the bottom of the fixing bracket is half inch out.. so when i pull the bottom of the bracket together to insert the bolt.... the top of the hugger comes down and touches the tyre.... :mad:

here is a picture of the bracket and how far out it is...

von41
25-04-2007, 17:55
had a lull this morning.... so gaffer said you wanna nip that thing!! up that you got.... "off i shot" ..like a rat up a drain pipe...:) walked in plonked the hugger on desk.. had a chat with the feller... give me a refund there and then.. crackin!! jobs a good un... :)

Bikerchickett
25-04-2007, 20:05
had a lull this morning.... so gaffer said you wanna nip that thing!! up that you got.... "off i shot" ..like a rat up a drain pipe...:) walked in plonked the hugger on desk.. had a chat with the feller... give me a refund there and then.. crackin!! jobs a good un... :)

Yippee, excellent result :D

von41
25-04-2007, 20:17
Yippee, excellent result :D

Ta!! mand.. :)